Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote not working on Xbox One Please Help

SRennallsSRennalls Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Ive been having this on going problem with plex on my Xbox One. I used to be able to control my xbox one from my phone, iPad and or mac but now the device is not seen at all (so when i click on cast in the top right my mac, iPad and iPhone are all listed but my xbox one isn't anymore). I can still use plex on my xbox one with the console controller but its very annoying that the remote control feature hasn't worked for about 6 months now.

I have deleted plex from the xbox one then reinstalled - didn't work

Deleted the server from my mac and reinstalled - didn't work

Signed out of all devices and removed them all from devices - didn't work

Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me please as its very odd how the xbox one is no longer seen.

Answers

• MoussaMoussa Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,336 Plex Employee

Hi there. Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the casting feature. We're waiting on a server fix for an issue with the feature, I will announce when it's available.

• eLKosmonauteLKosmonaut Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Is there any update on this?

• MoussaMoussa Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,336 Plex Employee

@eLKosmonaut An upcoming release will improve stability around this feature, please let me know if it works for you.

edited October 2016

@Moussa said:
    @eLKosmonaut An upcoming release will improve stability around this feature, please let me know if it works for you.

Could you specify this update number please?

Update from today worked flawlessly.

Thank you sir.

@eLKosmonaut Glad it's working better for you now :)

@Moussa said:
    @eLKosmonaut Glad it's working better for you now :)

Spoke too soon unfortunately. It worked initially to connect to my xbox one and actually finds the device, as well as play a single item. Out of joy, I made the rush to judgement that all was well. However an hour later that was not the case. Also, the rewind/fast forward did not work at all initially. Also the seek bar at the bottom did not work.

The application no longer finds my Xbox as a player.

Works fine as always on rasplex/PHT. :D.

Let me know if or what you would like from me in order to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

• romanodogromanodog Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

This hasn't worked for me for months. I used to cast from my android phone to my xbox all the time. I've been patiently waiting for it to come back but I fear it never will. I'm using the latest version of media server (1.2.5) and whatever version the xbox one currently has. What's going on with this feature??

• Dan GoughDan Gough Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

Same issue here, it used to connect and just have issues reconnecting after I started playing something and put my phone/ipad to sleep, but lately I cannot get any controller apps to see the Xbox at all.

EDIT: Tried again after posting and it's working now!

• krankimkopfkrankimkopf Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

BUMP

Just got myself an Xbox one s and am unable to cast to it.