Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to disable NAT PMP / uPNP

mediamanritmediamanrit Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

Hi all. This is driving me nuts. My logs are filled with "WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by gateway.". My router doesn't support uPNP, and I've got manual mappings setup, but it's continuing to try uPNP anyway. Anyone know how to disable it?

Answers

• BigWheelBigWheel Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,763 Plex Employee

in the remote access setting enter your external port you used in Manually specify public port and check the box to enable it. that tells it you are using manual port forwarding and lets plex.tv know what external port you are using.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200289506-Remote-Access

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
  • mediamanritmediamanrit Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

That's how I have it setup, but the server is still trying to do uPNP based on the logs.

• razvan.constantinrazvan.constantin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 206 Plex Pass
    edited June 13

Same problem here.
    Trying to lower SSD writes as much as I can :)
    The URL BigWheel posted states:
    Tip!: If you manually forward a port in your router then you MUST enable this setting or else your Server will continue to try and automatically map the port and will almost certainly fail.
    So I guess this is a bug.

• gentoo9ballgentoo9ball Members, Plex Pass Posts: 26 Plex Pass

+1 BUMP, same problem here

• dragonmeldragonmel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 568 Plex Pass

This has NEVER worked on either OS X or linux... manually specifying a port in PMS and a static reservation and port map on my router with upnp turned off and plex still constantly spams the logs with nat PMP not supported on the gateway BS

I even brought this up with Elan last year and of course it was never addrssed or fixed

• FoxBJKFoxBJK Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

+1 - I reinstalled PMS onto a Linux box last night, and am seeing this error in the log quite a bit:

WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by gateway.

It'd be nice if PMS was smart enough to realize that anyone specifying a port manually doesn't want UPnP attempts being made constantly. This is filling my log with useless errors. Very annoying when trying to debug other problems.

• dragonmeldragonmel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 568 Plex Pass

been asking for this to be fixed for YEARS....