Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

CEC on Windows build: automatic hdmi port detection not working properly

TOMillrTOMillr Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Posts: 153 Plex Pass

So, I've just tried PMP for the first time on my system (Windows 8.1 x64) but I'm having trouble getting the CEC-component to work properly with my Pulse Eight adapter.

The PMP is hooked up via HDMI to port 5 of a Marantz AVR which in turn is connected to port 2 of a Samsung Smart TV. The CEC port would therefor be 2500.

But when I try to connect to the PMP using the CEC settings of my tv, only the HDMI input of the tv is switched correctly to HDMI2. The AVR doesn't seem to get any CEC calls to switch to HDMI input 5.

Looks like the automatic port detection of your CEC component is somehow not working properly. (As everything works fine when I'm using the CEC functionality build into Kodi for example).

Answers

• TOMillrTOMillr Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Posts: 153 Plex Pass

Anyone else having this issue?

Also, Windows Away-Mode doesn't seem to be supported as well so far.

A possible way to fix this: Provide an input field to manually overwrite the port address.

• vlangvlang Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,648 Plex Ninja

We don't have UI for this, but you can change the hdmiport in the PMP config file.

Not at Plex anymore. I'm not a Ninja either.

edited November 2016

Any plans to surface the CEC options in the settings menu?

EDIT: What kind of values does the hdmiport need?

My Windows machine is connected to hdmi port 5 of my AVR, which in turn is connected to input 2 of the tv. Would the proper port be "25"? Or rather "2500" like under Kodi?

My Windows machine is connected to hdmi port 5 of my AVR, which in turn is connected to input 2 of the tv. Would the proper port be "25"? Or rather "2500" like under Kodi?

Has anyone been able to figure this out?

@TOMillr said:
    Any plans to surface the CEC options in the settings menu?

Over a year has passed I still haven't been able to get the CEC functionality working properly. It works fine in Kodi, so PMP just seems to be missing some options...