Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Keyboard input on FireTV for search function?

MilspecCQBMilspecCQB Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just started using Plex about a month ago and purchased a FireTV on prime day because now I can consolidate everything into one system without having to run a home theater PC.

My main issue is the keyboard input. I have a logitech K400 keyboard plugged into the FireTV. I can use it to type into search boxes for the Amazon search and in other apps like Netflix. But with the Plex app I get an onscreen keyboard and my physical keyboard doesn't work. Oddly thought the touchpad mouse on the K400 does work and generates an onscreen mouse that i can use to click the keys on the on screen keyboard but that's more time consuming as using the amazon remote to arrow over to the right key.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there an option I need to turn on? Is there a different keyboard that is supported?

Answers

• MarsenFamilyMarsenFamily Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any luck on this? I got a keyboard for my fire tv and have the same problem.