If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

UWP Plex App Issues

Hi Guys,

Here are some of things I would like to suggest changing back:

1. H.265 Files do not work anymore, you just get a background with sound, no video. These are files that previously worked in the Plex App.
  2. You are unable to scroll with the touchpad on the new horizontal lists on the hompage, You are required to use those tiny buttons on the side.

This app essentially feels closer to the Home Theater App which is not touchpad-friendly in the slightest. I would mind using either if I could navigate with a touchpad and play all the H.265 Files.

I have essentially resorted to the VLC Windows Store App to watch everything, instead of Plex, something I paid for.

Best Answer

Answers

• pombeirppombeirp Windows Team Lead SwitzerlandPosts: 1,885Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

To your points:
    1. I don't see why it would behave differently than the Windows 8.1 app. I'd need the logs and maybe sample media to see what's going on. The only time I was able to reproduce this, it turned out to be HEVC v2 media which is not supported by Windows 10.
    2. The current implementation works with touch screen, but you're right, we need to support mouse drag operations too.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• medianode@manicpalm.commedianode@manicpalm.com Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but that is what is confusing me about Plex now. I can play a file in the Windows 10 App, I get stuttering jittery playback or no video and just sound.

I then open the Media Player Preview App and it can play that exact file!

But, as I stated the Media Player is clunky to use (no swiping to scroll etc.), feels like it is designed for remote input only with no modern input methods in mind.

The Windows 10 App has potential, but feels a little rushed out the door at this point and that does not go down well with the rest of my household! If I wanted to tinker all the time, I would have gone free (Kodi). It is just frustrating as I have never had issues with Plex before and now it is every second file in my collection I have to use VLC instead.

Please find the log attached

• pombeirppombeirp Windows Team Lead SwitzerlandPosts: 1,885Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Is Media Player Preview App a Windows Store app like Plex?

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• medianode@manicpalm.commedianode@manicpalm.com Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

Yes, this is the Plex Media Player Preview Application.

It is a little better now, but I am still experiencing inconsistent behavior between the various Plex Applications.

In Plex Media Player Preview, almost every video file has the audio out of sync, yet in the UWP Application, everything is in sync.

No music plays in the UWP 3.0.83 at all (All Video works though), yet Music works in Plex Media Player Preview.

So, now I have to switch between two Plex Applications to get to my Media Content.

Accepted Answer

Using Plex Media Player now and it is much more consistent.