Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Windows 10 Stuck Waiting to be Downloaded

Running Windows 10 App. The conversion completes correctly then all the media sits in the state: "Waiting to be Downloaded". I've uninstalled the app three times and re-installed with the same results. Very disappointed. :-/

Any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated,

Tagged:

Answers

• pombeirppombeirp SwitzerlandMembers, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,886 Plex Ninja

That seems to be a state of the OS, not of the Plex app. It is the responsibility of Windows 10 to download the app, so I guess you'd need to talk to Microsoft support.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• ErikBeanErikBean Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Ask them what? Why Plex isn't downloading my content correctly/ They're going to turn right back around and tell me to talk to Plex. This doesn't help at all, I'm not the only one frustrated with the sync app.

• pombeirppombeirp SwitzerlandMembers, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,886 Plex Ninja

Sorry @ErikBean, I thought you were saying the Plex app was stuck being downloaded from the Windows Store! I didn't mean to send you to Microsoft regarding a problem with Sync :-)

Can you please send me the logs after you initiate syncing (using Settings/Advanced/Email diagnostics)?

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• danjock@gmail.comdanjock@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Is there any resolution for this? I am also having this issue.

• ericg1981ericg1981 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same here, my movie has been converted (not sure why) and the app is stuck at "awaiting tranfer'

• tlarsen20tlarsen20 Members Posts: 3

Me too. I tried installing the windows 7 app as well on my windows 10 machine and it seems to not be working.

It just says stuck on transferring, or shows nothing. (windows 10 version)

Here is a screengrab

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,686 Plex Pass

You've got a pretty clear error shown there, but without logs it's really difficult to tell what's going on.

• EJH77777EJH77777 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same issue here, quite frustrating to not have a resolution when paying for the service.

• thelanrangerthelanranger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 57 Plex Pass

Yea...I had that issue at one point. It has something to do with your firewall somewhere but logs would be required. Either software firewall, AV, or something in your router (maybe you have a fancy router? I have a fancy firewall) is blocking the data transfer.