We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Wednesday, June 28 (05:00 GMT, June 29). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/c1t6djj5vq9r
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Beta development status

jamietrejamietre Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass
edited August 2016 in Sonos (Public Beta)

Was just wondering - when should we expect updates? Seems like there hasn't been much feedback from the devs here since the initial release, nor have there been any updates since the initial release. Usually deploying a beta is an interactive & incremental process .. should we expect anything or are we just waiting for a final release at some point?

Tagged:

Answers

• brazillianguybrazillianguy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

Can't wait for the final.

• jamietrejamietre Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass

Can't wait for anyone from Plex to post a message in this forum...

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that a month after the beta release, there's not a single message (at least that I've seen) from a Plex employee?

Hey here's your half-baked sonos integration! Feel free to discuss among yourselves! Hope you like it, we'll be back sometime to finish it, maybe...

• mzn50mzn50 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

@jamietre ... this is a beta.. you either test and see the errors we are seeing or you dont, its normal to have delays .. our input helps them put out a first release candidate.. hopefully things are more stable..

• jamietrejamietre Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass
    edited August 2016

All I am asking is for some indication that they are actually reading this forum. I don't care how long it actually takes to finish the product, I just want to know whether they are going to address any of the issues noted, and some ballpark plan.

Here are some examples:

• Great idea - we [are, are not] planning to add Genre search support in the first release.
    • We have opened a bug for the incorrect Album Artist shown, thanks for the report. It [is, is not] scheduled for the first release.
    • We [are, are not] going to be able to address the requirement for internet access in the near future
    • Our beta is scheduled to run until the end of August. We are planning a 2nd beta release the first week of September that will address some of these issues. We are hoping to have our official release in November.

It makes us, their paying customers/free testers feel like there is some point to what we are doing.

It's not normal to have feedback from your beta testers be a one way street. It's not like there are thousands of messages here, it would probably take someone all of an hour once every week to respond to every one of them. Honestly, probably an hour period would cover every question/bug report here to date.

Thank you.

• danielduerrdanielduerr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

I agree with the OP here... Happy to wait as long as needed on fixes, but would love to know that our feedback is actually being looked at. Haven't seen any updates since the initial RC and still living with the transcoding bug I reported in the forum, which has not gotten any response/acknowledgement from anyone at Plex in over 1 month...

• sogalitnosogalitno Members, Plex Pass Posts: 83 Plex Pass
    edited February 5

Agree on this. WTF happened? This topic has no updates from anyone at plex. Since last summer when it was introduced. There are issues that we have posted that are not addressed

Guess this is not 'sexy' enough to warrant any attention