Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Option for fan art on main menu?

the five boroughsthe five boroughs Posts: 21Members
Any chance of an option for a fan art slideshow on the main menu page?

Comments

• unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Posts: 1,902Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1 I think I may have requested this before, but it went unanswered. I would love this!
  • jaapsjaaps Posts: 187Members ✭✭
    I'll have to look into this. Not sure how I can use fanart from the library in a homescreen. Does any other skin have this?
    Or did you mean fanart depending on the menu item selected?
    reFocus does this jaaps...there's a slideshow option, it it cycle through all the fanart art collected from all our library content :)
  • jaapsjaaps Posts: 187Members ✭✭
    Ok, it's added. Use git or preen to get it.
  • the five boroughsthe five boroughs Posts: 21Members
    Looks great, thanks for the quick response!
    I think it looks great as well, thank you!

Do you think it's possible to have the option to set your own fanart folder instead of using the entire PMS library?
  • kriebekriebe Posts: 217Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I'm with Russ. I'd prefer the ability to have my own selection of fanart instead of pulling from everything.
  • Mr PowerMr Power Posts: 130Members
    edited February 2011
    This can quite easily be done by yourself. Open the file "includes.xml" in the 720p folder and look for the line:

<include name="Background_Home">

Scroll down to:

<control type="multiimage" id="1">
    				<posx>0</posx>
    				<posy>0</posy>
    				<width>1280</width>
    				<height>720</height>
    				<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    				<imagepath>../../../userdata/Thumbnails/PlexMediaServer/Fanart/</imagepath>
    				<timeperimage>8000</timeperimage>
    				<fadetime>1000</fadetime>
    				<randomize>true</randomize>
    				<loop>yes</loop>
    				<visible>Skin.HasSetting(FanartSlideShow)</visible>
    				<animation type="WindowOpen">
    				<effect type="fade" start="0" end="90" time="800" delay="0" />
    				</animation>
    			</control>

And change the imagepath to the folder you have your selection of fanart at. Save and restart skin. That should be it.
    How does that work if the computer that I'm modifying the skin on isn't the same computer that has all of my media on it?
  • Mr PowerMr Power Posts: 130Members
    You could try to use the network path. Don't know if that works though. However, I'd just create a folder on the same machine the client is runnung and copy all images to this folder that I'd just to have included in the slide show.
    yeah, not a very clean solution if that's what I have to end up doing as I'd have to do that for multiple setups and any time I want to update it, if I want to keep them all the same that means I have to update multiple setups. So while a hack (which i'm never comfortable doing) might be a simple short term solution, having the ability to actually have this built into the skin itself would be much nicer.
    +1 for the above. I appreciate Mr. Power giving us a dirty solution, but I would prefer for the option to be built into the skin.
  • RyderRyder Posts: 186Members
    Mr Power wrote:

This can quite easily be done by yourself...

Thanks!
  • RyderRyder Posts: 186Members
    Mr Power wrote:

This can quite easily...

What should I type?
    My hard drive is named "OS X", my user name is "mini", and there is a folder named "Slideshow".
    I can't seem to get the right path.