Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I password my Plex Server showing up on my Samsung Smart TV

I don't have the Plex app for my new Samsung Smart tv. My version doesn't support it but the server itself shows up in the source list on my tv as Plex Media Server. When I open that it shows just the folders that I can click on the find my movies. I'm not sure how it shows up on here or why but how can I password the folders so people in the house cant just see them or use them? I hope I am explain this right.

Answers

• Mumble500Mumble500 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Hi gypzywingz
    Go to Plex and go to
    Settings - User

You should see one or more users depending how you have set things up. On the top right of each user is a little padlock symbol. Click this and set a 4 digit pin to password protect your server.

Hope this is what you meant. More information if i misunderstand.

• gypzywingzgypzywingz Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Thanks answering. I probably didn't explain it well enough. I do have my users passworded in my settings but my Samsung Smart TV shows Plex in the source options and allows me to connect through that to my folders on my PC and does not ask for a password at all. It just shows all my folders and allows me to open all of them. I'm not using an App at all it just connects through the input source.

• sunilsunny087sunilsunny087 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

i know i am late, but any answers to this?