Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plexconnect NO PLEX LIBRARY AVAILABLE

Ronin_NgRonin_Ng Members, Plex Pass Posts: 29 Plex Pass

Hi all.

Since the last two revisions 1.1.2.2680 & 1.1.2.2680 I keep getting this error when I'm logging with my ATV2 & 3. I tried to install an updated version of PLEXCONNECT still same issue...if I revert back to 1.0.3.2461 plexconnect works fine.

My firewall settings hasn't changed I can connect to my plex server on my ipad and Apple tv4 units. Under settings of the Trailer on the AppleTV2 I do see the server found.

here is the errors.

12:45:28 PlexConnect: ***
12:45:28 PlexConnect: PlexConnect
12:45:28 PlexConnect: Press CTRL-C to shut down.
12:45:28 PlexConnect: ***
12:45:28 PlexConnect: started: 12:45:28
12:45:28 PlexConnect: Version: 0.5-dev-101215
12:45:28 PlexConnect: Python: 2.7.6 (default, Nov 10 2013, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
12:45:28 PlexConnect: Host OS: win32
12:45:28 PlexConnect: PILBackgrounds: Is PIL installed? False
12:45:28 PlexConnect: IP_self: 192.168.2.18
12:45:28 DNSServer: started: 12:45:28
12:45:28 DNSServer: ***
12:45:28 DNSServer: DNSServer: Serving DNS on 192.168.2.18 port 53.
12:45:28 DNSServer: intercept: ['trailers.apple.com'] => 192.168.2.18
12:45:28 DNSServer: restrain: ['mesu.apple.com', 'appldnld.apple.com', 'appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net'] => 127.0.0.1
12:45:28 DNSServer: forward other to higher level DNS: 8.8.8.8
12:45:28 DNSServer: ***
12:45:28 WebServer: started: 12:45:28
12:45:28 WebServer: ***
12:45:28 WebServer: WebServer: Serving HTTP on 192.168.2.18 port 80.
12:45:28 WebServer: ***
12:45:29 WebServer: started: 12:45:29
12:45:29 WebServer: ***
12:45:29 WebServer: WebServer: Serving HTTPS on 192.168.2.18 port 443.
12:45:29 WebServer: ***
12:45:47 DNSServer: DNS request received!
12:45:47 DNSServer: Source: ('192.168.2.27', 50467)
12:45:47 DNSServer: Domain: trailers.apple.com
12:45:47 DNSServer: **intercept request
12:45:47 DNSServer: -> DNS response: 192.168.2.18
12:45:47 WebServer: serving /js/application.js
12:45:47 WebServer: serving .xml: /
12:45:47 ATVSettings: add section C07H14Q3DDR5
12:45:47 PlexAPI: ***
12:45:47 PlexAPI: PlexGDM - looking up Plex Media Server
12:45:47 PlexAPI: ***
12:45:48 PlexAPI: GDM: Servers discovered: 1
12:45:48 PlexAPI: Servers (local, plex.tv, MyPlex): 2
12:45:48 WebServer: serving .xml: /PlexConnect.xml
12:45:49 WebServer: serving /js/utils.js
12:45:49 WebServer: serving /js/handlePlexConnectNavbar.js
12:45:49 WebServer: serving .xml: /library/sections
12:45:49 PlexAPI: No Response from Plex Media Server
12:45:49 PlexAPI: We failed to reach a server. Reason: Unauthorized
12:45:49 PlexAPI: Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Seeder\Desktop\Plex Connect old\PlexConnect-master\PlexAPI.py", line 406, in getXMLFromPMS
response = urllib2.urlopen(request, timeout=20)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 410, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 448, in error
return self._call_chain(
args)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized

12:45:49 WebServer: serving /js/utils.js
12:45:49 WebServer: serving /js/sectionHoldSelect.js

Best Answer

Answers

• BillyPrefectBillyPrefect Members, Plex Pass Posts: 75 Plex Pass

you may have to specify network settings somewhere. I have no idea where, just noting it seems there is an authorization failure. Check under settings, server, network, see if adding your local network address or even specifically the address of the machine running plex connect helps.

• Ronin_NgRonin_Ng Members, Plex Pass Posts: 29 Plex Pass

Yup, Moody_Blue...thanks...that was the issue. I didn't now you had the options of login in...but I find it odd that it forces you to log in on a local network? I guess this features is to be able to log in with the unit when I'm not home and I bring the unit with me.

Thanks again.

• amlloydamlloyd Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited September 2016

I'm having this issue as well (just started when I updated to PMS 1.1.3.2700). I signed into my plex account through the ATV successfully, but it is still showing the No Library Available error. I can even see my friend's libraries that he shared with me, but I can't see my own! I am logged into my plex account on the plex server machine as well. Any ideas?

EDIT: Other ATV apps like Netflix are still working fine.

EDIT 2: Here is the plexconnect output:
    i.imgur.com/bsBXDok.png

• ebbandflowebbandflow Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 ✭✭

I too am having this issue. Where do I need to go to solve this part? "But PlexConnect supports ATV login, therefore it's possible that you can solve your problem using this capability."

Thanks!

• ebbandflowebbandflow Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 ✭✭

It appears as though the change needs to be made on the PMS > Settings > Network > "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth" and you have to use the ATV IP not the PMS IP.

• tziolitzioli Members Posts: 1

Ronin_Ng, how you revert to 1.0.3.2461?

@ebbandflow said:
    It appears as though the change needs to be made on the PMS > Settings > Network > "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth" and you have to use the ATV IP not the PMS IP.

I tried this, entering the ATV's IP, but still same error. Ugh.

• Benna80Benna80 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭

I tried to login to my Plex account from within the ATV3 settings of Plex connect but I keep getting the spinning circle and no login happen, so I cannot use Plex connect with this server version. Any tip on why I cannot login from atv? Obviously the device is connected to the Internet since I can surge the Apple Store

• Benna80Benna80 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭

Edit: my version is 0.5 dev 101215

Tripoli... I always download a version manual and save it in a directory so I can downgrade when things like this happens so I can revert .

Benna80. I have same thing with my atv3 under settings I cannot put in the log in info, just hangs Accessing Trailers, but no problem with my Atv2. So it looks like I will be staying on is version for a while.

@amlloyd said:

@ebbandflow said:

Same for me.. I am reverting back to old working version for now.

Your previous installers are located here: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Updates

• rmharperrmharper Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

I've got the same problem I've singed into Plex on the ATV3 and that's not helped, have added the local subnet in PMS as not needing authentication, hasn't helped.

Followed the tip to the previous install locations, but I can't run a previous update.

Is anyone successfully using the latest PMS with Plexconnect?

• SevenunoSevenuno Members Posts: 1

@rmharper said:
    I've got the same problem I've singed into Plex on the ATV3 and that's not helped, have added the local subnet in PMS as not needing authentication, hasn't helped.

Followed the tip to the previous install locations, but I can't run a previous update.

Is anyone successfully using the latest PMS with Plexconnect?

I've got the same problem. Uninstall the latest one first, then install the last working version. It works for me.

• rmharperrmharper Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

I thought I was on the latest version of PlexConnect, but I re downloaded it and that seems to have fixed the problem, in combination with signing in on the ATV.

@rmharper said:
    I thought I was on the latest version of PlexConnect, but I re downloaded it and that seems to have fixed the problem, in combination with signing in on the ATV.

What version of ATV? I have ATV2 which worked under new version but I'm unable to sign into with my ATV3 with new software. Even with IP authorization entered.

edited September 2016

@Ronin_Ng said:

@rmharper said:

What version of ATV? I have ATV2 which worked under new version but I'm unable to sign into with my ATV3 with new software. Even with IP authorization entered.

I have an ATV3, and I just followed @rmharper's suggestion of grabbing the latest version of plexconnect. I made sure that i copied the contents of the certificate folder over to the new version, then started the new version, and edited the newly created Settings.cfg file with the appropriate IP's and what not from my previous version (and restarted plexconnect). The reason I didn't just copy/paste the old settings file was b/c the new one had some additional lines that weren't in the old one, so I just left them.

Long story short, I was able to log into my plex account (using my plex username, not email) and the server is showing! Thanks!

• McclanMcclan Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

@amlloyd said:

@ebbandflow said:

Add both the IP address from your ATV and the IP SELF from PlexConnect (DNS from ATV) to the list of addresses in PMS. Remember to separate with a comma.