Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Mobile optimized PMS interface or app

zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was wondering... today we do a lot of things just with our phones/tablet, I manage my server with SSH on an iPhone or on an iPad using some terminal apps, and on the iPad I can manage PMS web interface in Safari quite well (just some issues with hovering). But it would be great, really great, to have a dedicated app or at least a dedicated user interface for managing PMS on a "small screen mobile device", something simplified and streamlined. I don't know if I'm the only one to think this might be a good idea, maybe it's too much work for a limited user base.

Comments

• SkycryerSkycryer Posts: 331Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would really like and mobile/tablet optimised version of Plex web. There are often problems with thing who need hover. Like adding a new lib, show transcoding info in activity screen and to update lib manually i sometimes need to tap 2-3 times on the button. Sometimes it works that slow that i accidentally chancel the update again before it could really start. Also some styling bug on tablet that make it hard to do all stuff without a computer. The popup like on agents settings are extrem buggy.

So yes, please update the Plex Web or give us an app for that please.

My Plex Server
    Local Storage: 36TBs
    Server: CORE I5-6500 3.20Ghz - 16GB DDR3 Ram - 1333Mhz
    Network: Gigabit running through Speedport Router | Internet at 100Mbps/40Mbps 

Media Devices
    Raspberry Pi2 (1), iPad (1), iPhone (1), MacBook (1), LG TV (1), Apple TV PlexConnect (1), Chromecast (1), Fire TV Stick (1)

My Plex Scripts
    plexMediaIndexFile (php/mysql backup script for Media Index Files)
    LocalBifFiles (Plex Scanner for local Media Index Files)

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2016

One other thing is that the new plex web design is somewhat "responsive" on the screen size, but in a weird way: on a small iPhone 5s screen if I pinch to zoom in (and be able to read something :D) the interface "reacts" usually covering what I'd like to click :D