Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Allow Multiple Users to Sync to the Same Device

mbarylskimbarylski Members, Plex Pass Posts: 574 Plex Pass

Any chance the ability to sync content to a single device for multiple users is in the works? I use Android and Windows devices, and both of them get messed up if I attempt to sync content for multiple users. The use case is, if I'm going on a trip and I want to sync some of my shows to my android phone, but also my kids shows to the phone. That way when my kids use my phone, they don't see all of my shows.

Comments

• BlacktwinBlacktwin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass

Wow this is an old thread but exactly what I'm looking for too. I drive my daughter to daycare on my way to work and she loves listening to whatever new Disney movie soundtrack she is into. I like having an audiobook synced for after dropping her off. I'm trying to reduce my cellular data consumption and syncing really helps with that. However I'm not able to sync multiple users on the same device. I could sync her music to my account but because "store track progress" doesn't really work, this isn't a viable option either. Even if it was, I'd still prefer the ability to sync multiple users on one device.

JBOPS - Just a Bunch Of Plex Scripts