Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox 360 App Grouping the final season of episodes with previous season

benhamtrollbenhamtroll Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

This is a weird issue that's a little hard to explain.

On my Xbox 360 App TV Shows are displaying just fine, except that final seasons do not get broken out like the previous seasons and just appear under that heading. They are listed with the proper season name, just not with its own category.

If I log in from my iOS Devices or through the web they show up fine, this is ONLY happening on the 360, but it is happening on both of the 360's that I'm using for streaming.

Any reason why?

Answers

• MabenMaben Members Posts: 1

This is happening to me too after I recently updated my Plex Server. If I look at a TV Show, it no longer shows the final season of any show, but those episodes are still listed under "all episodes". In addition, the season icon now just displays the show icon instead of separate icons for each season. As benhamtroll said, all my other devices work just fine.

• three57mmthree57mm Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I have been experiencing the same issue on my 360 whereas all other devices work fine. This has been happening for the past few releases of PMS but I am unsure which version it started on.

• SelliesSellies Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi, yup I am having the same problem. Its almost as if it see's the first folder (All seasons) as season 1

• GregGomesGregGomes Members Posts: 1

I've a similar problem. Not all the seasons show in the xbox 360 plex app (namely the last season of each series), but they show on the media server when i open plex in my browser? Has anyone gotten a fix for this?

• vapourtrailsvapourtrails Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Yup same problem here been doing it for over a month now and cant seem to fix it.

• renandstimpy@windowslive.comrenandstimpy@windowslive.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I have 2 Xbox 360s.. Same issue. Fine on my Xbox One... any word on if a fix is coming

• trex0321trex0321 Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

yup same problem. Xbox 360 Plex app not creating a folder for the latest season. works fine else, (samsung tv, xbox one, ps4).

• renandstimpy@windowslive.comrenandstimpy@windowslive.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

any word on a fix?

• sean.mortimer@gmail.comsean.mortimer@gmail.com Members Posts: 2

Also have this issue on an Xbox 360

• MJTeazerMJTeazer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Same problem for me. Just on the Xbox 360, all other devices are fine. Any news on a fix?

• Valstar88Valstar88 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Similar issue to OP and same as others have stated here - xbox 360 app seems to show everything except the latest season.

• dewijones94dewijones94 Members Posts: 1

Exactly what I'm getting, does anyone know if there has been a fix for this? Really bugging me especially with huge shows! Supernatural season 12 I having this problem and each season has like 20 episodes so scrolling through 100 or so episodes to get to the one I need is very tedious!

• Fro Man753Fro Man753 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Why has this post been marked as answered? Is there a solution to it? Or are the developers working on an update for the 360 app? I too am having this issue.

• engessaengessa Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass

Strangely enough i also had this problem just now. Archer season six was missing from the season overview but all the episode where there when i choose 'play all'. All the seasons are displayed correct in my windows 10 plex app...

• danjames92danjames92 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,129 Plex Pass
    edited December 2016

Guys the app hasn't been updated is over a year. It's not going to get one to fix this. Let it go.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• HitsVilleHitsVille Members, Plex Pass Posts: 376 Plex Pass

@Fro Man753 said:
    Why has this post been marked as answered? Is there a solution to it? Or are the developers working on an update for the 360 app? I too am having this issue.

When "answered" appears in grey it simply means it's had at least one reply.

HitsVille

• scrotescrote Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

@danjames92 said:
    Guys the app hasn't been updated is over a year. It's not going to get one to fix this. Let it go.

If the team are not going to support the app then they should pull the app from the store and stop advertising their paid product as supported by Xbox360: https://www.plex.tv/apps/tvs-consoles/xbox-360/

@**** said:

@danjames92 said:

If the team are not going to support the app then they should pull the app from the store and stop advertising their paid product as supported by Xbox360: https://www.plex.tv/apps/tvs-consoles/xbox-360/

There's literally over 20 clients. Priorities change. Are you really surprised? Maybe you should buy an Xbox One?

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• scrotescrote Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

@danjames92 said:

@**** said:

@danjames92 said:

There's literally over 20 clients. Priorities change. Are you really surprised? Maybe you should buy an Xbox One?

Plex chooses to advertise support that is not really there.

The fact that plex is also supported on other clients is not all that relevant.

If I buy RAM from qualified vendor list it should work, right? And if it didn't, I would have grounds for a complaint and refund.

The plex app on Xbox 360 does not work as advertised. As a consumer, I have no obligation to understand the technical/manpower challenges involved in maintaining the product, I can simple expect an adherence to truth in advertising.

I won't bother petitioning the Dev. team, I'll just make a complaint to the FTC.

@**** said:

@danjames92 said:

@**** said:

@danjames92 said:

Plex chooses to advertise support that is not really there.

The fact that plex is also supported on other clients is not all that relevant.

If I buy RAM from qualified vendor list it should work, right? And if it didn't, I would have grounds for a complaint and refund.

The plex app on Xbox 360 does not work as advertised. As a consumer, I have no obligation to understand the technical/manpower challenges involved in maintaining the product, I can simple expect an adherence to truth in advertising.

I won't bother petitioning the Dev. team, I'll just make a complaint to the FTC.

ahahahahhahahah I'm sure the FTC will have a good laugh. Just because they advertise something as existing, doesn't mean it has to work. You could just buy a Raspberry Pi for under £50 and you'd have the best and cheapest client instead of clinging to a 10 year old console. It's surprising there was one to begin with. Who doesn't have a computer, tablet, phone these days? There are a million and one options for a Plex viewer and the fact you choose to stick with this when people have been complaining for literally years (seeing as last update was August 2015) and the cries have gone unanswered shows that you're just stubborn to move on.