If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex crashing on startup everytime after wiping data following sync getting stuck

sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,389Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

Comments

• Lord_DeathMatchLord_DeathMatch Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2016

I have a related issue, and I figured this might be the best place for it.

Put simply, after plex started refusing to sync a number of videos I asked it to, I decided to wipe its data and try again; the old turn it off, turn it back on again approach.

Now plex crashes on startup everytime.

via adb logcat i found this;
    E/AndroidRuntime(17763): FATAL EXCEPTION: AsyncTask #1 E/AndroidRuntime(17763): Process: com.plexapp.android, PID: 17763 E/AndroidRuntime(17763): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=36; index=36 E/AndroidRuntime(17763): at com.plexapp.plex.utilities.c.a.a(SourceFile:244) E/AndroidRuntime(17763): at com.plexapp.plex.utilities.c.a.a(SourceFile:92) E/AndroidRuntime(17763): at com.plexapp.plex.utilities.c.a.a(SourceFile:80) E/AndroidRuntime(17763): at com.plexapp.plex.application.ag$1.run(SourceFile:175) E/AndroidRuntime(17763): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112) E/AndroidRuntime(17763): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587) E/AndroidRuntime(17763): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

I have reinstalled multiple times with no luck.

Hoping for a quick resolution (read, workaround) as I have a two flights totalling 20 hours next week I was hoping to use Plex during.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,389Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Please provide full log file by emailing the device log to your mailbox and then attaching here - plus some info on exactly what actions you took before these crashes started

Please see Emailing Device Logs section on this support page to get the full log to yourself so that you can attach here as a file attachment

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201573117-Android-and-GoogleTV-Logs

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• newtonsbucketnewtonsbucket Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

I'm getting the exact same crash on startup. This is on a fresh install of Plex on a new phone. I can't email device logs because I can't even get the app to run at all. There is a previous error in the logcat. I don't know if it's related.

System  : ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /data/app/com.plexapp.android-1/lib/arm

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,389Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@newtonsbucket said:
    I'm getting the exact same crash on startup. This is on a fresh install of Plex on a new phone. I can't email device logs because I can't even get the app to run at all. There is a previous error in the logcat. I don't know if it's related.

System  : ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /data/app/com.plexapp.android-1/lib/arm

what phone make / model ?
    OS version ?
    Plex for Android version?

Could you get more from logcat?

• newtonsbucketnewtonsbucket Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

Here's the entire logcat. The phone is a BLU R1 HD. Android version 6.0. Plex version 4.32.1.498.

@newtonsbucket said:
    Here's the entire logcat. The phone is a BLU R1 HD. Android version 6.0. Plex version 4.32.1.498.

Thank you. I have raised this with the Plex for Android development team

@newtonsbucket said:

This has been investigated and the problem appears to be with the handling of the device name and seems to occur on some phones. A fix is being made to ensure the app does not crash

edited September 2016

@newtonsbucket said:

A fix has been released / see release notice for Plex for android 4.32.2