If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to install the latest version of Plex Media Server

sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,389Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't install Plex-Media-Server-0.9.902.374-aa23a69-en-US on WHS 2011.

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

Best Answer

Answers

• hummer142hummer142 Posts: 3Members

hi i am having dramas trying to install the updated plex server. i have attached detailed error log and word document of issues (screen shots). Please help!!! Everything has been working fine till today and now nothing works without an update that i can not download easily. Im no computer wizard so bare with me with technical terms.

Cheers.

• hummer142hummer142 Posts: 3Members

Thank you. That worked. i did run that program but it didn't uninstall it, i manually uninstalled through control panel and re ran update and worked perfect.

thanks again.