If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] DesiTelly.bundle Channel

coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 720Members ✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Plex Channel Plugins

DesiTelly.bundle

Plex Media Server plug-in designed for Desi Entertainment. Supports DesiTvBox, DesiTashan & DesiRulez

DesiTelly

Features:

• Continuos playback of parts when using DesiTvBox -> Playwire/Flash (read below and enable under Preferences)
  • Pinning Shows

Plex Media Server:

• Windows
  • Linux
  • Mac

Plex Clients:

• Plex Home Theater
  • Plex/Web
  • Samsung Plex App
  • Android Kit-Kat (Samsung Galaxy S3)
  • iOS (Apple iPhone6)

Important Notes:

• Currently only Dailymotion, Flash/Playwire, PlayU, Letwatch/Vidshare & VMG host is supported well.
  • More hosts can be enabled using USS (read below under Preferences/Options setting). UnSupportedServices.bundle must be installed and updated to dev branch to use Openload host when available for video links.
  • Movie support for DesiRulez is included but YMMV (installing USS is highly recommended)
  • This plugin builds from my older version located here.

Preferences/Options setting:

• Allow Hosts natively NOT supported by this plugin: This options when enabled will list all host sources available, however, based on URLServices installed on your Plex server the capability to play a video will be determined. If you plan to enable this feature installing USS above is highly recommended.
  • Consolidate Parts - Flash/Playwire [Desitvbox]: This feature groups split-parts of a single show as one playable item. Currently only enabled for Flash/Playwire source under DesiTvBox. This might be expanded to others based on feedback.

Known issues and future development:

• The page schema and naming convention is very inconsistent so even though the parser has many fallbacks it may still fail to retrieve the links. If you find such cases please post details of such shows.
  • Incorrectly marked videos will not play.

Installation:

• This channel can be installed via WebTools.bundle or manually follow the directions below.
  • Extract zip file downloaded from github to the Plex Media Server plugins folder and rename the folder to DesiTelly.bundle. Restart Plex Media Server.
  • Unix based platforms need to chown plex:plex -R DesiTelly.bundle after moving it into the Plug-ins directory (user:group may differ by platform)

Steps to install USS and update to the latest dev branch.
1. Download and install Twoure's USST, then change the Repo Branch to dev from within the USST channel's preferences.
2. From the USST's main menu select Install New USS

Acknowledgements:

• Credits to b-slick: for developing the original code for DesiRulez.
  • Credits to mohit310 and hussamnasir for contributions. Check out their forks as well.
  • Thanks to Twoure for developing the UnSupportedServices.bundle and help with split-part playback.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

Comments

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,347Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Added to the UAS ;-)

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 720Members ✭✭✭

@dane22 said:
    Added to the UAS ;-)

Thank you :)
    Now working on my last one.. cCloudTV. Hopefully will have a request over soon after some fixes ;)

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

• KapsUsKapsUs Posts: 7Members ✭✭

I added the new Channel with the USS as well but it doesn't show up on my Channels list under PMS? Any ideas?

SuperMicro 24 Bay + 2X Intel Xeon L5520 + Win 2008 R2 x64 + PMS 1.1.4.x

@KapsUs said:
    I added the new Channel with the USS as well but it doesn't show up on my Channels list under PMS? Any ideas?

Did you do a PMS restart and if that didn't resolve can you provide the log file com.plexapp.plugins.desitelly.

• Admit OneAdmit One Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

None of the links play through the new Apple TV Plex app. any suggestions so as to why this would be or is it not yet supported on Apple TV?

@Admit One said:

None of the links play through the new Apple TV Plex app. any suggestions so as to why this would be or is it not yet supported on Apple TV?

Not sure about Apple TV but I have tested on iPhone and it works fine. If it works using PlexWeb for you then your installation is fine and there is some issue with the Apple TV client.

The links play fine through your old Plex plugin DesiTV on Apple TV. Just doesn't play via this new Plex plugin Bundle DesiTelly.

Yes, it plays fine on iphone, plex web, etc. Seems to be something with Apple TV.

@Admit One said:
    The links play fine through your old Plex plugin DesiTV on Apple TV. Just doesn't play via this new Plex plugin Bundle DesiTelly.

Yes, it plays fine on iphone, plex web, etc. Seems to be something with Apple TV.

Thanks for confirming, that's quite odd if iOS on iPhone and Apple TV produce different responses. But good to know the old plugin does work on Apple TV. I'll see if I can add a case specific to support Apple TV playback.

Thank you. Looking forward to the next update

• is it possible to have streaming channels, e.g. liveNet Tv android app.

@Admit One said:

Can you please confirm if this still has issues on Apple Tv ? The update today does not address this and is for 2 more sources. Just hoping maybe this was something to do with the Apple Tv client which might have gotten fixed by now. If not let me know. Also logs would be helpful if possible for both where the same links works using the older bundle.

• MrGadgetGuyMrGadgetGuy Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

@coder-alpha can you look at http://www.hotstar.com/ ...any possibility to add?

Using Tapatalk

@MrGadgetGuy said:

The videos are geo-blocked and I can't access them here unfortunately.

@coder-alpha said:

@Admit One said:

Can you please confirm if this still has issues on Apple Tv ? The update today does not address this and is for 2 more sources. Just hoping maybe this was something to do with the Apple Tv client which might have gotten fixed by now. If not let me know. Also logs would be helpful if possible for both where the same links works using the older bundle.

Hi, It works absolutely fine on Apple TV. Thanks

@coder-alpha said:

@MrGadgetGuy said:

The videos are geo-blocked and I can't access them here unfortunately.

Yes, I am using free trials getflix or smartdns to access...you can't access any video at all?

Using Tapatalk

can you try free getflix trial to see, i can see all videos outside India.

Using Tapatalk
  • abhishekpawal93abhishekpawal93 Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 22

I cannot get any videos to play anymore on samsung tv. is there a new update?

thanks so much for providing this for us to watch tv

@MrGadgetGuy said:
    can you try free getflix trial to see, i can see all videos outside India.

I guess I missed ur earlier comment. Sorry about that. I guess ur still talking in reference to HotStar. Getflix seems like a paid service and only has a 14 day trial. I'll look into it when I can devote 14 days to it which might be a lil while. But then the solution for geoblocking can be any VPN and my focus is free alternates. A proxy won't work in this case since the media itself is geoblocked.

@abhishekpawal93 said:
    I cannot get any videos to play anymore on samsung tv. is there a new update?

thanks so much for providing this for us to watch tv

Seems to be working fine on Plex-Web.. Tried DesiTvBox > Sony > Kuch rang pyar ke > April 21st (Dailymotion & WatchVideo). I'm traveling at the moment so dont have access to my Samsung Tv's.

• abhishekpawal93abhishekpawal93 Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok great, its working on my web too. I'm good to go with that. Thanks so much