If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can I use Plex DVR in Belgium? And how?

I'm very interested in the DVR function inside Plex, but I can't find a specific answer to this question.
So, I have cable in my house, but I want to get rid of those tv boxes from Telenet (part of Liberty Global) and record all my shows in Plex.

But how? What do I need to do so?

Thanks for your answers.

Answers

• TomasJAndersonTomasJAnderson Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unfortunately due to most providers encrypting their channel you can't get an awful lot.
    SFR you can only capture the radio stations. At least with a Homerun...

• Styn.MertensStyn.Mertens Posts: 2Members

Oh, too bad :(

• hazcodhazcod Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Styn, we're in the same boat; DVR in Belgium sucks.

Only way to do this is to setup TVheadend+oscam with TV Vlaanderen (because they use CI and not CI+) and use the TVheadend channel.

• BlackBurnBlackBurn Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The same problem in the Netherlands, Oscam integration would be great, but probably never happen.

Another way is to support card-readers, but I can imagine that's difficult with multi-platform, like Plex is today.

• postaldude654141postaldude654141 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, i'm just curious if there has been any change in this?

• Yannic_BelgiqueYannic_Belgique Posts: 1Members

Hi,
    So this means that with Tv Vlaanderen this is possible to have full DVR-functionality? (schedules, simultaneous recording different channels, etc) (i presume then you need 2 tuner-connections to have simultaneous recordings?

• postaldude654141postaldude654141 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Yannic_Belgique said:
    Hi,
    So this means that with Tv Vlaanderen this is possible to have full DVR-functionality? (schedules, simultaneous recording different channels, etc) (i presume then you need 2 tuner-connections to have simultaneous recordings?

I think this is no longer possible, looking at their website, they also upgraded to CI+

• hazcodhazcod Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

To add to this, perhaps a unicam/deltacam could emulate CI+ in an Octopus NET? (not officially supported by Plex, but does work)