Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Could we PLEASE merge the 186 different versions of ReFocus

DavisNLDavisNL Members, Plex Pass Posts: 666 Plex Pass
edited February 2011 in Refocus
Edit - Was not my intention to belittle the developers nor suggest some impossible task.

Perhaps a better suggestion would be to ask the forums mods to create forum subsections to prevent confusion for new users as this skin forks in different directions. Again, I thank the developers for their hard work and hope you continue developing the different versions of the skin for our enjoyment.

Comments

• damon5334damon5334 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 91 Plex Pass
    edited February 2011
    As reFocus developer #182, I say that you're more than welcome to download the different versions and merge them all. Let me know when you're done, and I'll have mine taken off of Preen.

Thanks.
  • DavisNLDavisNL Members, Plex Pass Posts: 666 Plex Pass
    Yeah, my intent wasn't to make developers mad with my post. It was a suggestion on how to improve the ReFocus development and community. I apologize if you took it as me lecturing you as to how to handle your development.
  • se.bastianse.bastian Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 487 Plex Employee
    Isn't it wonderful to live in a world where we have a choice ?
  • ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Posts: 3,182 Plex Employee
    Do you realize how impossible that is? The code diverged down a number of paths, you can't just glue it back together.
  • dawiincidawiinci Members Posts: 536 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Even if it were possible to merge them all and we would find someone who would do this (probably weeks of work just to put all together) imagine how the preferences would look like. Many versions added or removed whole parts of the skin and these changes would have to be optional. The preferences would look extremely cluttered and especially new users would be more confused by it.

For new users there is always the original version available. It could be useful however to make a sticky topic with links to all reFocus skins and a short description what the intention was.

However every version can give other developers new insights and different approaches to fix issues. But a complete merge - no way.