If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Release] Versity Skin

Kyo*Kyo* Posts: 18Members ✭✭
edited October 2016 in General Skin Discussion

Versity for Plex Home Theater

First of all thank those who want to test Versity!
This is my first release I hope he has a few problems that can meet the needs of many.

Change Log - v1.0:

. English - Italian language
. There are 8 possible views
. Ability to view "Simulated Discart" or not
. Ability to display logos in music or not (if added in the default folders)
. Possibility of excluding buttons top in the homescreen
. Possibility of excluding Clear Cases
. Possibility Set background with single or multi image, in the homescreen
. Possibility to replace 5 different themes for style
. New to Startup Sound
. Added LICENSE
. Added README

I'm trying to insert the original Discart for Films in a future release, but I think you can only add a logo equal system to the Music...

This Link https://github.com/kyokusa/plexVersity/releases

Comments

• Kyo*Kyo* Posts: 18Members ✭✭

plexVersity

• MagnumDoomguyMagnumDoomguy Posts: 487Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Forgive the double post, but bears repeating.

@Kyo*:

Aeon Nox 5 is released under the Creative Commons Non Commercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. The full license details can be found here:

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

Specifically, I draw your attention to the terms of attribution:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

And to the terms of sharealike:

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

You have broken both of these by using both Aeon Nox 5 images and code without proper attribution, and by not releasing your skin under the Creative Commons Non Commercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (which you must do if you're going to use Nox images and code).

Aeon Nox 5 Skin for OpenPHT

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

Hello MagnumDoomguy I did not violate any rules, I just wanted simply to make available free of my draft revised and corrected in the service of the community 'excuse English. I ask again apologize!

I wish to state that I have read and written almost all the codes of the skin in addition to using only reworked images with special programs

edited October 2016

From your PlexPreplayVideo.xml:

<onunload>Skin.SetString(OSD.ContentRating,$INFO[Listitem.Property(mediaTag-contentRating)])</onunload>
    <onunload>Skin.SetString(OSD.Fanart,$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)])</onunload>
    <onunload>Skin.SetString(OSD.Studio,$INFO[Listitem.Property(mediaTag-Studio)])</onunload>

From my PlexPreplayVideo.xml (Ver 5.1.0 -- for some reason you didn't use the latest Nox):

<onunload>Skin.SetString(OSD.ContentRating,$INFO[Listitem.Property(mediaTag-contentRating)])</onunload>
    <onunload>Skin.SetString(OSD.Fanart,$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)])</onunload>
    <onunload>Skin.SetString(OSD.Studio,$INFO[Listitem.Property(mediaTag-Studio)])</onunload>

Exactly the same. And it's a bit of a nutsy hack that I did. Since PHT had a lot of bugs in the skinning code (Thank goodness for @kwiboo and @bkury for their hard work on OpenPHT and fixing a lot of the nonsense), I wrote this dirty hack to get around PHT not having access to the Content Ratings, Fanart, and Studio Images in the OSD. Basically, I saved the data I wanted for the OSD at the preplay screen into fake settings, which the OSD could later read. Not only did you copy the code to do this -- it's EXACTLY the same setting names for the fake settings (OSD.ContentRating, OSD.Fanart, and OSD.Studio) that I use. Ironically, since you used Aeon Nox 5.1.0 -- this code is no longer in Aeon Nox (because it failed under certain specific circumstances, and I found a much much better way of doing it)

From your variables.xml:

<!-- Kyo Track Numbers -->
        <variable name="NumberTrackVar">
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,0)">1</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,1)">2</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,2)">3</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,3)">4</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,4)">5</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,5)">6</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,6)">7</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,7)">8</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,8)">9</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,9)">10</value>

... goes on and on

<value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,998)">999</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,999)">1000</value>
        </variable>

From my Variables_Music.xml:

<!-- Hack to Fix Broken Track Numbers in PHT -->
        <variable name="TrackNumberVar">
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,0)">1</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,1)">2</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,2)">3</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,3)">4</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,4)">5</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,5)">6</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,6)">7</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,7)">8</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,8)">9</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,9)">10</value>

...goes on and on

<value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,998)">999</value>
            <value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.Tracknumber,999)">1000</value>
        </variable>

NOTE: I had to clip out the middle of both blocks of code, because the forum software said I was 133,000 characters over the limit. It's the same in both -- for a thousand lines of code.

This is another dirty hack I did to overcome a shortcoming in PHT -- the track numbers are broken in PHT (they start at 0 and count up from there). If the skinning language supported basic arithmetic I could have just added 1 and called it a day, but unfortunately that's not the case. So I wrote a nasty 1000 line hack to bump the track numbers by 1 by brute force using StringCompares. Only differences in yours is that you reversed Track and Number in the Variable name and added a comment at the front putting your name in it to take credit.

For both of the examples above that is my original code in Aeon Nox for OpenPHT and does not come from the Kodi version which my skin is based on.

And Images:

From Nox:

From Your Skin:

Oops! I can't insert the file from your skin for that image, because this forum software won't allow the exact same file to be posted twice in the same thread (just tried).

The 8 framerate images I made, because framerate flags aren't a "thing" in the Kodi world -- I had flags from the original Kodi Aeon Nox for everything else. So I made 8 framerate flags in Corel Paint Shop Pro. It's actually those frame rate flags that tipped me off to what was going on -- they're an original thing in Aeon Nox 5 for OpenPHT and not present in Kodi Aeon Nox (or any other skin for that matter), so just from your screenshots it was clear you were using my stuff. So I went to your github randomly opened one of the xmls and immediately saw code I wrote.

This is just a handful of examples from just 5 mins of poking around in your skin. There's more (and you know it).

And that's not to mention all the images you're using from the original Kodi Aeon Nox -- which is in the thousands. I'm using them too (of course), but I'm not pretending I made them, have attributed BigNoid, MikeSilvo and many others, and of course I released my version of Nox under the Creative Commons license (as I was legally bound to do).

You say above:

@Kyo* said:
    Hello MagnumDoomguy I did not violate any rules, I just wanted simply to make available free of my draft revised and corrected in the service of the community 'excuse English. I ask again apologize!

You did violate rules. My code is in your skin. My images are in your skin. Furthermore, other than my work -- the work of others still is in your skin. The creative commons license is clear you have no rights to anything in Aeon Nox 5 unless you attribute what you used and release your work under the same license. And dude! That's not even much to ask.

@Kyo* said:
    I wish to state that I have read and written almost all the codes of the skin in addition to using only reworked images with special programs

You have original code in your skin, but that doesn't change the fact that you have code you didn't write in your skin (which I did). The images that I made (the framerate images) that you took are exactly the same. You did not "rework" them and EVEN IF YOU DID -- doesn't matter. The Creative Commons license is explicitly clear -- "If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original."

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

Since the forum software refused to allow me to upload the same file twice (from your skin, and from mine), here instead (and much more telling) is the Sha1 sums for both images.

Your 60p.png:

47b2e98f34c6037b021cd419ddfe9cbf11846454

My 60p.png:

47b2e98f34c6037b021cd419ddfe9cbf11846454

That's an exact match. You did not "rework" the image at all -- and wouldn't matter if you did, the license is clear, if you "rework" my code or images you legally still need to attribute and put your work under the same license.

I worked on this skin for 3 months as an autodidact I used the skin of other code snippets to get the best from the skin as I have seen many others and if I used some images although reworked, it is because the beautiful thought. Now I do not know why you warm so I just wanted to try to make available to all who want a skin more. I realized I had made some mistakes and I'm sorry but as I said I am a self taught and did not help me in any compilation of Versity. Indeed about it if you were so kind as to explain to me how to solve problems, I will be happy to arrange. Sorry for english

However I think it is in this forum all to provide a better service for all through and not protagonism

edited October 2016

@Kyo* said:
    I worked on this skin for 3 months as an autodidact I used the skin of other code snippets to get the best from the skin as I have seen many others and if I used some images although reworked, it is because the beautiful thought. Now I do not know why you warm so I just wanted to try to make available to all who want a skin more. I realized I had made some mistakes and I'm sorry but as I said I am a self taught and did not help me in any compilation of Versity. Indeed about it if you were so kind as to explain to me how to solve problems, I will be happy to arrange. Sorry for english

Please don't worry about your English -- I worked as an ESL Teacher (English as a Second Language) and can understand incorrect English very well.

As for how to solve the problem, it's really very simple. Please abide by the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. (Italian version here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.it)

There are two ways you can do that.

1. Provide proper attribution (credit) for the code and images used from Aeon Nox 5 for OpenPHT, and include your work under the same Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. By doing both of those things you fulfill the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license that Aeon Nox 5 for OpenPHT is released under. However, if you want to be truly legal and legitimate with your skin, you will also need to do the same for all other sources (skins) from which you took code and / or images.
    2. If you, for whatever reason, are unwilling to provide proper attribution (credit) for the code and images used from Aeon Nox 5 for OpenPHT then you must remove all code and images (including "reworked" code and "reworked" images that have been in any way modified) taken from Aeon Nox 5 for OpenPHT from your skin. However, if you want to be truly legal and legitimate with your skin and decide to take this path, you will also need to do the same for any other code and images you took from other skins (including "reworked" code and "reworked" images that have been in any way modified). Ultimately, going this route would leave you with an nonfunctional skin. The only way to release a skin for OpenPHT with ZERO credits to anyone else, is to write (not "rework") every last line of code from scratch, and create a skin 100% from scratch. I know of no OpenPHT skin that meets this criteria (having only a single author who wrote every last line of code by themselves, and every single image).

Up to you which path to take, although the second choice would be incredibly difficult to do. There's zero shame in providing credits, I don't know why you are so resistant to that. I'm proud that the hard work of dozens of talented people is in Aeon Nox 5 for OpenPHT, and in no way does giving them credit take away from the hard work I did. There is shame, however, in claiming the hard work of others as your own. Please be honest and please do the right thing.

Hello MagnumDoomguy, I assure you that was not my intention to disrespect anyone. First of all to Sainjuste who created the skin Woodi from which I took the idea to release Versity. Since 2005 I am a fan of MediaCenter since 2007 I started as told by changing only and exclusively for personal use skin kodi and later plex for my own pleasure. Only today I decided to try to try to give pleasure to other people. I can not say do not know exactly "creativecommons.org" and still I did not understand how to use it and that perhaps deceived me this short article:

"Non sei tenuto a rispettare i termini della licenza per quelle componenti del materiale che siano in pubblico dominio o nei casi in cui il tuo utilizzo sia consentito da una eccezione o limitazioneprevista dalla legge."

Anyway I want to thank you publicly for being so kind and patient with me now I am in Spain for a trip directly back to October 24. It will be my duty to try to correct everything in the shortest possible time on my return. I hope I can ask for some advice if I need to fix !!! Thanks again....

Hello to all,
    seeing an old kodi background I decided to create a similar one for the plex. So I did and I would like to share it with you ... Not knowing what section I did post it here.

• BudwyzerBudwyzer Posts: 181Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well that was all very exciting!

I wonder if it got straightened out.

• heavyend81heavyend81 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I wonder if it did... I for one wouldn't mind a new skin, the one I have is all a bit wrinkled now and gone South :|