If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Using your Xbox 360 Player with a Nvidia Shield TV Plex Server

neufskyneufsky Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does it work well for you?

It is kind of strange for me. Everything looks fine, the way it should be. But it refuses to play some videos, citing " communication error with server", while playing other videos on the the same server as normal.

Those videos Xbox 360 plex player refuse to play, they play just fine elsewhere, on iPads and Phones.

Any insights?

Answers

• neufskyneufsky Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nobody knows???

• vrenovreno Posts: 1Members

i have the same problem !

• ced0072ced0072 Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Maybe the XBOX 360 has issue to handle some codecs?

Windows 10 64bits
    Core i7 4770K, 16G RAM, Asus GTX1060
    PMS and PMP
    LG OLED 65C6V
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Focal Dome 5.1 Speakers

• caddyskackcaddyskack Posts: 11Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am noticing the same issue when using the DVR function. I can record to the Shield and it seems to have no problem running recorded episodes on other Android devices, but I receive the same error when trying to watch through the XBox 360. Hopefully it is a known issue that can be corrected in future versions.