Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Continue Watching in Plex bug

1infiniteloop1infiniteloop Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited October 2016 in macOS/OS X (Mac)

I have a strange bug that have been there for at least 2 years now and I hope a fix is there in the future :). I have two folders in Plex as typ Movies and the path is like this mounted on a NAS (macOS path)

/Movies/Movies 2K/
/Movies/Movies 3D/

Say I have files like this

/Movies/Movies 2K/Warcraft (2016) - 1080p x264.mkv
/Movies/Movies 3D/Warcraft (2016) - 1080p x264.h-sbs.mkv

If i start play any of them they both come up in Home/Dashboard under Continue Watching with the same length I have been watching on all my devices iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4.

Answers

• IcecubezIcecubez Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2016

Im running the Windows Version and I have the same issue. Different sections with different Physical locations and different filenames, for example i have Kids English, Kids Swedish and 3D all containing Frozen. Whichever one i start watching I then get 3 entries for Frozen under continue Watching.

• ccutrerccutrer Posts: 102Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also get this. Single section, but with split items.

I.e.

/Movies/How to Train Your Dragon (2010)/How to Train Your Dragon (2010).mkv
    /Movies/How to Train Your Dragon (2010)/How to Train Your Dragon (2010) - 3D.mkv

which began as one item, and I split them apart and gave them different names and artwork.

Or

/Movies/Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)/Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001).mkv
    /Movies/Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)/Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) - Extended Edition.mkv

I'm guessing Plex is assigning some sort of GUID based on the item's metadata, and Continue Watching is looking for items with that GUID, rather than the individual item's ID.

• brianl723brianl723 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been searching for fixes or related issues to mine, and this is the closest I've seen. My issue is that I have both versions of Harry Potter 1 on my server (Philosopher's stone from UK and Sorcerer's stone from US). Both have different Folders and filenames:

\Movies\Children\Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)\Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001).mkv
    \Movies\Children\Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)\Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001).mkv

The problem is that the watch status and any updates pertain to both files. I get two entries on the 'Continue Watching' page, and if i try to update one, they both merge again and I have to split and change titles again. It tries to merge them as 'versions' of the same file similar to the 1080p/4k functionality.

• SE56SE56 Posts: 2,290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

I gather both versions are in the same Library. If you create a special Library for the alternative Title is the problem still present?

In a Library advanced settings there is a "Country" of Origin, One Library should be "UK" and the other Library "US".

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV WebOS 1.4, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.