Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to cast- Chromecast

vsca21vsca21 Posts: 1Members
edited October 2016 in Google Chromecast

Hey guys!

Chromecast has been starting to get this message on and off: "Unable to cast: Video conversion failed. The transcoder crashed or failed to start up. Its exit code was - 1059143458"

It doesnt happen all the time, but its happening more and more frequently and then I have to restart whatever I'm watching.

Any ideas what the issue is?

Answers

• claudio.fiuzaclaudio.fiuza Posts: 2Members

Same issue, and also Plex keeps popping up the controls over and over...

• razorlovesrazorloves Posts: 52Members ✭✭

@vsca21 said:
    Hey guys!

Chromecast has been starting to get this message on and off: "Unable to cast: Video conversion failed. The transcoder crashed or failed to start up. Its exit code was - 1059143458"

It doesnt happen all the time, but its happening more and more frequently and then I have to restart whatever I'm watching.

Any ideas what the issue is?

happening to me too.
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/239084/transcoder-error

• FilposFilpos Posts: 27Members ✭✭

Disabled subtitles and I do not get this error anymore.

• iscmarkiemarkiscmarkiemark Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same thing except mine was -9z Been doing this a lot lately. Happens like 3 times during any video I watch. Averages 3x a movie.

• skondrisskondris Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've disabled subtitles and I still get the error, no change for me at all when disabling subtitles

• zbraaschzbraasch Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been getting this error as well. Usually happens 30-40 mins in to the movie. After opening up the Plex app and starting the movie (after finding where I left off since it doesn't save your progress) it will go for about another 30 minutes before doing it again. Is there a fix for this?