If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sharing & Streaming a movie on Social Media

Hi
I have been using Plex Media Server since 2015. I use trakt.tv and Plex Web Export (http://kaan.dogan.org/plex). I need front-end that can access to my Plex server with temporary link (I should set duration). If I share this link, the people should watch this movie on facebook or twitter. But after time out, link will be invalid. I know PHP, If I can easily integrate to Plex Web Export, it would be great.I tried plexJS but looks like this project also dead. Actually what I need:

I need some php or asp code that will be bypass PLEX authentication, It should open a public door for temporary time.
OR
I need a new web player (maybe HTML5), it will be open a public door for temporary time, customized, this player should have Social Network Sharing.

What is your advice and idea? Thanks

Comments

• HermannHermann Posts: 571Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bypassing Plex Authentication?

I think this idea is doomed from the start.

PMS: Xeon 1650v3 6core | 64GB DDR3 ECC | 60TB
    Players: PMP, Chromecasts, ATV4, PS4, iPhone 6s, iPad Pro

• hthighwayhthighway Posts: 6,558Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

What is the intended use case for something like this?

• Paul
  • shadycuzshadycuz Posts: 15Members ✭✭

I came here to request this feature but with a different intended use case.

I want to be able to share a movie or tv show without giving access to my entire library. For example, I have a friend at work I want to share a documentary with. He can't come over and watch it because we work the same hours but he works when I'm off and vice versa. He doesn't have plex so I can't grant him full access and I wouldn't want to because I'm a gamer and don't want him using up my upload bandwidth all the time. I also don't want to worry about managing the whole thing.

Plex should be able to generate a tempory token. This token could be set to expire so many hours like 48hrs or something and the token could be for a whole library or just a single item depending on what page you are viewing when you hit the "share" button.

• logicallyinsanelogicallyinsane Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Easy way around this is get him to create a plex account, move your media to a temporary folder, send him an invite to become friends and then only share that temporary folder with him.

• mkaandmkaand Posts: 35Members ✭✭

@shadycuz said:
    I came here to request this feature but with a different intended use case.

I want to be able to share a movie or tv show without giving access to my entire library. For example, I have a friend at work I want to share a documentary with. He can't come over and watch it because we work the same hours but he works when I'm off and vice versa. He doesn't have plex so I can't grant him full access and I wouldn't want to because I'm a gamer and don't want him using up my upload bandwidth all the time. I also don't want to worry about managing the whole thing.

Plex should be able to generate a tempory token. This token could be set to expire so many hours like 48hrs or something and the token could be for a whole library or just a single item depending on what page you are viewing when you hit the "share" button.

This is what I want exactly!