If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Photos Saving and Sharing on Android Not Working

imascareimascare Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This used to work, now saves as a blank image on the device, sharing shows black background when attempting to share as well, has this been reported?

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,161Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It's working fine for me. What versions of PMS (and OS) and the Android App are you using?

• imascareimascare Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry should state it works fine over local wifi but does not work over mobile data connections. Same issue on latest android app as well 5.0.0.737. Synology server running 1.2.2.2857

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,161Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Works for me over mobile too. Can you recreate the problem then get me the Android app log and the PMS log?

edited October 2016

Attached both logs
    Re-created the problem over mobile 4g connection when saving an image locally to the phone. Comes up as a blank image not viewable. (see attached photo) (same issue on 2 different android phones (htc 10, samsung s7)
    Then re-created a working save over local wifi. image saved fine to the same device location.! (see attached photo)

(https://us.v-cdn.net/6025034/uploads/editor/ts/78zq3cy0esxk.png "")

• foyrerfoyrer Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has this issue ever been fixed?
    Experiencing the exact same problem.
    Have Nexus 6P and Google Pixel XL and on both devices "Photos Saving and Sharing" while away from the Plex Server is not working. (Note: when saving creates a file with 0 Bytes!)
    Plex on Android version 5.5.0.227 (a6afa533)

• stelling65stelling65 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

SOLUTION?
    i was having same problem here,
    on wifi (same lan as plex) no problem. on mobile data, problem of file being 0 bytes after saving.

i was able to save pictures before. but then i enabled upload limit on plex server
    then the saved files on android became 0 bytes.

when i disabled the upload limit i was able to ave good pictures again.

some lines in plex logs pointed me to my solution:
    Mar 31, 2017 14:46:43.577 [15984] WARN - Streaming Resource: Bandwidth exceeded: 2147483647 kbps > 12000 kbps
    Mar 31, 2017 14:46:43.577 [15984] ERROR - Streaming Resource: Cannot make a decision because either the file is unplayable or the client provided bad data

something wrong in bandwidthlimiter when uploading photo's to android device?

• ken830ken830 Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I seem to be having the same issue. Save saves a 0 byte image. Sharing also "shares" a 0 byte file.

sadly android has lots of bugs like this and little acknowledgement from the plex staff even with logs provided

• integlikewhoainteglikewhoa Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same problem on my Note 5

• MalarKeY007MalarKeY007 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still having the exactly same problem. And isn't only on mobile data, but also on Wifi when not on local network.

Please Plex Team :hushed:

• plexjarodplexjarod Posts: 3Members

Any update on this issue? I experience the same thing .. browse to photos in the Android app, select desired photo, select the options menu (three vertical dots), select save and only a 0 (zero) byte 'file' is saved.

My setup:
    Plex Media Server for Windows version 1.11.0.4666-fc63598ba
    Plex Android app version 6.11.3.3147 (bb34b27a)

Hi guys. I wasn't following this old thread. I am now able to reproduce the issue. I'll let the devs know.

• rycom7rycom7 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any updates regarding this issue? I am experiencing it on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, attempting to download images from my Plex server.

• maxtorpsmaxtorps Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

This is a known issue. It has to do with the bandwidth limit setting in Plex Media Server.

Settings \ Server \ Remote Access \ Limit remote stream bitrate

Turn this off and downloading will work.