If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dropped support for 4:3 SD? (PS3)

MrMarkMrMark Posts: 2Members ✭✭

"You cannot play this game at the current video output setting. (80026f10)"

Yeah, I understand my tech is older, but it's far from obsolete. Any chance of this getting added back in?

Tagged:

Answers

• MrMarkMrMark Posts: 2Members ✭✭

Well I didn't mean to triple post. Sorry.

• kay.onekay.one Plex Engineer Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@MrMark do you have your PS3 connected to a 4:3 SD TV? if yes, can I ask what kind of cable do you use?

• PepsizombiePepsizombie Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I have the same problem since yesterday after the 1.1 plex update. I have a 4:3 SD TV and am using a AV cable. I have tried multiple things to fix the issue with no change. Does this mean SD is no longer compatible with the PS3. If so i would be very dissapointed...

• kay.onekay.one Plex Engineer Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Thanks for reporting the issue, I was able to reproduce it locally, unfortunately it requires a new submission to sony which might take a while.

Thanks for the response .

• marcusi23marcusi23 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi i came across this issue today also and found a work around for the time being. First step is if you updated plex you will have to delete it and reinstall.
    Now go into plex and it will have you update plex here you hit O to back out it will log you out and have you sign back in so hit X sign back in. After that plex will have you try to update the game hit O one more time and from there you can sign into plex with version 1.0.

Thanks marcus ill give it a try and let you know if it works

• SaulsonSaulson Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same Problem... I dont have a modern tv to support the newer resolutions... time to cancel subscription?

• PickicoolPickicool Posts: 1Members

Please fix this soon as possible !

• dege13dege13 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2016

I have the same problem. Sucks. Please fix it soon.
    I am doing 480p over Component cables.
    Rhe workaround above from marcusi23 worked for me. However, it may stop working once the Playstation Store servers get the update.

• zypherionzypherion Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bumping, because this seems to still be an issue.

Still an issue.. Still not fixed?
    I understand it required a new submission to Sony, but was it submitted?

I gave up with plex it appears that it will no longer be compatible with PS3. I dont have a newer console so i use a program called Playstation Media Server. Works the same way but not as user friendly. Check it out on youtube and happy streaming

• cacadodo666cacadodo666 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Dang. I'm having this issue. Tried bypassing update. Now get 404 error. Please fix this.

PS3 thru Component on Trinitron SD 480i.

I have tons of SD shows for my kids. Now they can't watch.

Yeah, me too. Looks like the Plex site made a change that broke the workaround :(
    404 error when trying to bypass the update now.

• rayganraygan Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Disappointed to discover this still hasn't been fixed. The PS3 is really the only decent way to get Plex in standard definition via component cables, so having it work on SD TVs is a pretty major feature to have broken for this long.

• blacksmokeblacksmoke Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I presume this is the same problem that I made a post about on March 3rd:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/261223/have-you-broken-ended-support-for-ps3-version-1-0

?

Disappointed to have no response yet.

As very heavy media watchers, it's such a let down and annoyance that our current main source of entertainment is via a Plex app that has been broken for weeks, and I have to struggle a work around.

We've paid the same as everyone else who gets to enjoy their media on the most current devices and platforms, and until I'm corrected, I can't see why it would have worked one day, and then not the next? Surely someone could just have a quick look couldn't they? Please?

I appreciate that PS3 users (especially with an SD set up) must be very few in numbers, and I wouldn't be doing it if I had any other choice, but my subscription fee is just as valid as the person with the Apple TV on their 4K TV.

• MistahManMistahMan Posts: 4Members ✭✭
    edited September 19

At the very least announce that this is happening or confirm it. Unless I missed that notice...