Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Volume Control via Android Device when casting to Chromecast

124»

Comments

• codymhortoncodymhorton Posts: 30Members ✭✭

I'm having the same issues also. Works with AAC works with normal AC3. In my testing if I transcode a movie with ac3 5.1 it works but direct play does not work.

• tb87tb87 Posts: 29Members ✭✭
    edited September 13

@codymhorton said:
    I'm having the same issues also. Works with AAC works with normal AC3. In my testing if I transcode a movie with ac3 5.1 it works but direct play does not work.

Yeah that's what I understand from the situation, but how do you force transcoding on all audio formats? I don't mind transcoding temporarily all audio tracks if this fixes the problem until Plex's devs find a solution.

Phrased differently : how do you turn off direct play completely?

• codymhortoncodymhorton Posts: 30Members ✭✭

@tb87 I believe you would have to do this on the client side. I believe there is an option on my android phone. For now I am going to start converting all my media to mp4 AAC.

• schreineradamschreineradam Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tb87 said:

@codymhorton said:

Yeah that's what I understand from the situation, but how do you force transcoding on all audio formats? I don't mind transcoding temporarily all audio tracks if this fixes the problem until Plex's devs find a solution.

Phrased differently : how do you turn off direct play completely?

This is really the question.

I agree; I can accept having to transcode all (or at least AC3 5.1) until a better long term solution is found... but how?

• tb87tb87 Posts: 29Members ✭✭
    edited September 13

Well I tried playing a bit with the settings in the Android app but it didn't really fix anything.

On the other side, I thought the line we modified/added in the XML profile was supposed to do precisely that, i.e. force plex to transcode everything?

Maybe someone that's more knowledgeable about the XML profile could answer this one? Else I'll try playing a bit with the app again next time and get back to the thread if something seems to work.

124»