If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

tagline doesn't appear in Rasplex client? (does appear in Web)

markmarzmarkmarz Posts: 177Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm pretty sure it used to appear, like 99 44/100% sure. But lately no taglines appear in Rasplex, though they do appear in the Web app. In fact I use the Web app to edit the tagline.

I can not find a setting I might have accidentally toggled. This is the case on both my Raspberry Pi3s, so that tends to point to a server side setting. Anyone have any ideas?

I use the tagline to indicate whether a video is to be found on dvd or blu-ray and whether there are any commentaries. So I miss it.

Thanks,
Mark M

Tagged:

Answers

• techguy1207techguy1207 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the same problem. Sometimes the update and really screw things up. Come on guys....put the tagline back.

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't recall the tagline ever appearing in Rasplex. I've spoken to one of the skinners and he agrees. So I don't believe an update screwed anything up. However, you can make a GitHub request and maybe it can be worked into a future version.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• techguy1207techguy1207 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I know one thing. On my computer's Plex server there is no longer a Tagline on any of my media items. I have no idea what Rasplex is. But I couldn't find any other comments about Taglines. Of my 4000 items on my server, I have a wealth of information stored in the Tagline! I give you guys $60 a year and you want more? Holy cow. If you didn't screw things up I wouldn't be bitching.

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@techguy1207 said:
    I know one thing. On my computer's Plex server there is no longer a Tagline on any of my media items. I have no idea what Rasplex is. But I couldn't find any other comments about Taglines. Of my 4000 items on my server, I have a wealth of information stored in the Tagline! I give you guys $60 a year and you want more? Holy cow. If you didn't screw things up I wouldn't be bitching.

Rasplex/OpenPHT is not part of Plex Inc. It's an open source volunteer project for Plex users that want a client experience more like the original theatre client as opposed to the official Plex Media Player client. You have given us $0. You don't even use this client.

You don't deserve to bitch to us.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com