Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iOS app appears to be buffering on local content

sawyemsawyem Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone else having this problem? While playing music synced to my iPhone 6 the app occasionally pauses and displays the spinning icon, seeming as if its buffering. I'm using the current version 4.4

Comments

• arobe79arobe79 Posts: 219Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am getting the same issue with music.
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/241220/how-do-i-get-the-plex-app-to-use-synced-content-over-streaming#latest
    Do you have "prefer locally stored files" checked?
    I do and it still seems to stream my content.

• sawyemsawyem Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have that checked but it's definitely not streaming my content as I have this problem away from my network when my server is not reachable.

• sawyemsawyem Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any developers care to comment? This is still happening and now I'm finding pauses due to network connections cause playing audio to not only pause but then to start skipping and repeating sections as if playback is loosing sync.

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 298Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've had the same problem. I believe it happens due to Plex calling home telling the server where it currently is, especially when moving in between low signal areas or switching between Wifi and network it has to re-login or something and hence it buffers - super annoying.... Easiest workaround I found is either turning off wifi (if I know that moving between network and wifi is going to cause an issue) or just putting my phone in airplane mode to turn of any interference... then it works great.
    Maybe @sa2000 could comment - been active quite a lot in this forum lately?

• MeikosMeikos Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, listening synced music without deactivating wifi is just impossible, it keeps buffering even having the "Prefer Synced Content" option enabled.
    Plex Build: 9741