If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Saving photos from Android app

steveblairsteveblair Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not sure when this issue first occurred, but I am unable to save photos from the Android app on my Galaxy S6 to its gallery anymore. If I select "Save" I get a message that says "successfully saved image", but when I go the the Plex folder in my gallery on the phone, I just get a grey image with an exclamation mark icon. Also, if I try to "Share" a photo (for example through Facebook messenger), I get an error message "Sorry, Messenger was unable to process the file"

Anyone else notice this problem? I know everything was working fine back in September of this year.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• steveblairsteveblair Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just giving this one a little bump. Is no one else experiencing this behaviour?

Update. Got a new Galaxy Tab S2 tablet for Christmas....same issue occurs.

• traderjaytraderjay Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue as well...

FreeNAS & Plex Server
    CPU: Intel XEON E3 1265L V3
    Motherboard: Supermicro X10SAE
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3 with ECC
    RAIDZ2 Storage Pool 1: 6 X 3TB HGST 7K4000 Ultrastar
    RAIDZ1 Storage Pool 2 Connected to LSI 9212-4i4e : 3 X 3TB 7K4000 Ultrastar
    Storage Pool 3: 1 X 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

• msaithanmsaithan Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem here ... any fix ??

• plexjarodplexjarod Posts: 3Members

Any update on this issue? I experience the same thing .. browse to photos in the Android app, select desired photo, select the options menu (three vertical dots), select save and only a 0 (zero) byte 'file' is saved.

My setup:
    Plex Media Server for Windows version 1.11.0.4666-fc63598ba
    Plex Android app version 6.11.3.3147 (bb34b27a)

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,161Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

This is a bug we recently discovered. It has to do with the bandwidth limitations in PMS. If you have this enabled, it prevents the photos from getting downloaded. If you turn this setting off, the photos will save correctly. We are looking into this.

Can you tell me where this setting is in PMS? I can't seem to find any bandwidth settings that I've set....

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,161Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Settings \ Server \ Remote Access \ Limit remote stream bitrate

Unfortunately, my setting is already set for "Original (No Limit)", but I'm still unable to save any photos on my android device.

@steveblair said:
    Unfortunately, my setting is already set for "Original (No Limit)", but I'm still unable to save any photos on my android device.

Then you have a scenario I have not seen. Please reproduce and send me both the Android app log and the PMS log.

• Darkassassin07Darkassassin07 Posts: 81Validating Plex Pass

Im having the same issue. If you find the file in your file browser its an image with 0 bytes (though named correctly)

Yup, that was it. Remove the upload speed and it works as expected.

• Ken and MelKen and Mel Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Removing upload speed fixed mine too