Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

White line on the side of video on PS4

naddel81naddel81 Posts: 113Members ✭✭
edited November 2016 in PlayStation

It still has that annoying white line seen here:

And it is not the first time that was reported:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/157018/ps4-app-vertical-line-lower-def-videos

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/40l2uy/white_vertical_single_pixel_line_on_the_right/

and no: movie and TV are just fine. tested with another TV (same problem) and WDTV media player. definitely the plex app for ps4 that has that problem.

Tagged:

Answers

• naddel81naddel81 Posts: 113Members ✭✭

Here I uploaded a short sample file that clearly has the white line if you play the file with your ps4 plex app. It is not seen on the web app or any other video player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot5utrmv9c5kiy5/plex bug white pixel line.mkv?dl=0

The white line is extremely annoying in dark movies.

• kay.onekay.one Plex Engineer Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Thanks for the sample, I'll give it a try.

edited November 2016

great, have a nice day!

btw: just tested again on web app and ps4 app. web plays the movie fine, but ps4 with the white stripe on the right.

• jjrjr1jjrjr1 Posts: 1,714Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same Here.

any news regarding this issue, yet?

• kay.onekay.one Plex Engineer Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I was able to reproduce the issue locally, and have a potential fix, it should be fixed in the upcoming release or the one after it.

that would be amazing! what was the culprit?

@kay.one said:
    I was able to reproduce the issue locally, and have a potential fix, it should be fixed in the upcoming release or the one after it.

is there an update in the pipeline? because the last update (end of november) did not fix it, yet.

still no update?

@kay.one said:

3 months,and several updates later and the problem still remains. what is going on here? who develops the ps4 app?

• erik.beesonerik.beeson Posts: 62Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@naddel81: This issue was addressed a couple of releases ago. If you're still seeing the problem, could you confirm the version number of the Plex app that you're running (under Settings > About) and also the firmware version of your device?

• LastChild37066LastChild37066 Posts: 1Members

White line is still there.

plex version (About Screen): Plex v. 3.3.1 Playstation 4 v. 01.40

Console firmware v. 4.70

edited June 28

I can confirm the white line is still there. Just watched an episode of sherlock (480p) and it still shows up and annoys the hell out of me. :( please help us.

newest ps4 firmware and newest plex app, of course.

• apc0243apc0243 Posts: 1Members

Hi, just wanted to add that I'm experiencing this issue as well. I just updated and am running plex 1.7.5.4035 on windows 10.

The bar is not there when playback through VLC on my computer or Plex Web App.

It's not a big deal but I wanted to contribute to the conversation!

Problem is still there. Please fix it, dear Plex Devs.