If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I can't see Chapter selections

Hi - just got my Samsung SMART TV (2016 KS7 series). Plex on it is awesome, but I was hoping to be able to do the equivalent of the 'swipe down' on the Apple TV version to be able to navigate by Chapter Titles.

Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Answers

• DarrenL81DarrenL81 Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also have a 2016 Samsung Smart TV (8000 series I think) and would very much like to see chapter support. I have been adding chapter points to my home videos in MP4 and MKV formats but I can't use these chapters on the TV. The chapters are also not visible on my Android phone. I understand chapter support is available on IOS and have seen them working on my mums iPad. Please can we have chapter support implemented across the board as soon as possible? Plex seems to be the best solution for our home videos but the lack of chapter support is a huge problem.

• StevenLyallStevenLyall Posts: 30Members ✭✭

Agreed - Plex is excellent, and it's highly desirable to use the Smart TV App rather than navigate to Apple TV's App. I don't know who to address this to - Plex, Samsung or a third party App developer.

• wesmanwesman Posts: 614Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Orca is there a way to see the chapter selections with the new 2016 Samsung TV's?

• wesmanwesman Posts: 614Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@erik.beeson @mattseeley, anyone?

I am still not able to see Chapters for selection via Samsung TV's Plex App, although I notice that pressing Up or Down on the 'wheel' goes forward or back by one Chapter.

edited October 10

Had posted that this was now working, but it's not - apologies!