Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I want to edit all the collection tags in my movies.

Hello friends.
Any have any tool to remove all collection( tags) in the plex database.
I don't know why I have a collection tag for each movie, because I don't create them.

I need any tool for edit the database. I can't find the app plexeditor from eagle...

any help??

Answers

• dragonmeldragonmel Posts: 325 Plex Pass

Its pretty rediculous that movies that have no associatation to collections get their own collection....

I.e. Every movie has a collection with just itself as a member..

Genius.... makes things much easier... sacrasm noted'

• DavisNLDavisNL Posts: 666 Plex Pass

@calibra3 said:
    Hello friends.
    Any have any tool to remove all collection( tags) in the plex database.
    I don't know why I have a collection tag for each movie, because I don't create them.

I need any tool for edit the database. I can't find the app plexeditor from eagle...

any help??

You have collection tags because whatever agents you are using downloads them from TMDb. You can bulk edit any piece of metadata by clicking on the icon that looks like a check mark in a box on the left column in PMS and then selecting all the items you want to edit.

• pterobytepterobyte Posts: 5 Plex Pass

These, if auto created, come from an agent. I inadvertently turned on "Use collection info from The Movie Database" in the Movie Database agent settings. This created a bunch of collections I didn't want on many of my 2700 movies.

I found I could delete all the collections association in the taggings table but then I would have to rebuild all the collection i previously had. I settled on deleting any collection than had less then 3 members with this SQL code:

use SQLite or DbVisualizer or the like.

delete
    from taggings
    where id in
    (
    select tg1.id from taggings tg1
    left outer join tags tgs1 on tgs1.id = tg1.tag_id
    where tgs1.id in
    (select tgs.id from taggings tg
    left outer join tags tgs on tgs.id = tg.tag_id
    where tgs.tag_type = 2
    group by tgs.tag
    having count(tg.id) < 3
    order by tgs.tag
    )
    );

The tags are in the table tags, you can correct any spelling issues there as well. The association to a movie/media is in taggings table. The above removes the association of a tag to a movie but does not delete the tag itself. This worked well for me and I hope it helps somebody else too.

Cheers