If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Surround Sound Support?

Does the Windows 10 app support surround sound formats for movies? I'm not able to get anything but stereo sound out of the Windows 10 app which makes it 100% useless for movies. As a result, I have to revert to Plex for Home Theater (which I was told isn't being developed anymore) to get surround sound working.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• TheMooDudeTheMooDude Posts: 204Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm able to get surround sound fine with the app. I use DTS Interactive on my Xonar D2X to send it over optical to my AVR.

As far as options go I'd suggest Plex Media Player over PHT. PHT is no longer being developed. PMP is available for Plex Pass holders. Failing that OpenPHT is still being developed.

i5-2500K | 20GB DDR3 | 4x3TB WD Red RAID1 | Windows Server 2012 R2 | Plex Media Server
    i7-6700 | 16GB DDR4 | GTX 980TI | Windows 10 Pro | Plex Media Player
    Samsung UE40K5500 | Plex SmartTV App
    Raspberry Pi 3-B | Plex Media Player Embedded
    LG V30 | Android 7.1.2 | Plex for Android

• ItalynStylionItalynStylion Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Interesting....I'm not able to get surround sound with the app at all; only stereo. I'm running HDMI from my server to a Marantz receiver that's right underneath it. Plex for HT works just fine but the Windows 10 app does not and there are no audio settings to tweak that I can see.

• stormensestormense Posts: 8Members ✭✭

No surrond support on Plex Windows 10 app for PC.