If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Worst movie you have ever seen

aeonxaeonx Posts: 1,326Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
edited April 8 in Plex Film Club

You've paid a full price ticket to see it in the cinema. You sit down, and after the commercials are over... the actual movie starts. Only you slowly start realizing that it's not worth what you paid. You walk out of the cinema after 10 minutes and demand a refund from the cashier. Has this ever happened to you? What is the worst movie you have ever seen?

For example: xXx (2002) by Rob Cohen

Thank god for movie review sites like Rotten Tomatoes! :smile:

Tagged:

Comments

• abetancortabetancort Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

An ancient Chinese proverb goes by saying something of the like “You cannot ever go too low, you’ll always find lower.” I am unable to pinpoint just a single one as the worst, every other day I amaze myself taking another step downward through the infinite Jericó’s Stairs the industry has so carefully crafted leading us to Hell's Kitchen.

Regards, 

abetancort 

Blog: http://TheCanaries.org/
  • WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,617Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I watched the Greasy Strangler the other day. It's a good candidate.

• adamstewiegreenadamstewiegreen Posts: 88Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Rubber (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/). This movie is either the best or worst thing I've ever seen, it's been years and I'm still not sure.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,617Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2 Accepted Answer

I've been meaning to watch that at some point... http://366weirdmovies.com/ talks about it as well.

And I walked out of 8MM as that was rubbish.

• jjrjr1jjrjr1 Posts: 1,714Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Has to be Superman Returns..
    I walked out when the Super Hero used his X-Ray vision to peep at Lois Lane.

Growing up with Superman I never thought of him as Super Voyeur, Super Stalker, or Super Perv...

• aeonxaeonx Posts: 1,326Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited May 7

The Room has got to be one of the worst movies as well. It's so bad, people celebrate how bad it is... :o

• jessehardestyjessehardesty Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

You all haven't seen bad until you've watched Rock & Roll Frankenstein.

• TurboJailerTurboJailer Posts: 305Members ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

The warden tricked me into going and seeing A Knights Tale. She refused to leave so I got up and went and played video games in the lobby.

• tramp78tramp78 Posts: 69Members ✭✭

Some people love it but I was outrageously glad to see Martin Scorsese's "After Hours" come to an end.

• chyron8472chyron8472 Posts: 247Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No Country for Old Men.
    My dad and I watched it in the theatre based solely on the synopsis and the knowledge that it won an Oscar.

I hated it, and my dad seems to have blocked it out.

• EricbazingaEricbazinga Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 29

I've never walked out of a movie in theaters, but that's only because I paid for the ticket. I think the most recent movie that I probably would've walked out of was the new Ghostbusters movie. I didn't even want to see that movie, I was dragged to it. I didn't hate it because it was gender bent, either. I hated it because it was bad. It was so bad that at one point during the movie, I left the theater room, went into the handicap bathroom across the hall, and screamed in frustration. TWICE. I only returned to the theater because I paid for the ticket. (By the way, somehow that movie got a Certified Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I now only take Rotten Tomatoes ratings with a grain of salt.)

However, I usually rent movies more often than going to the theater (pro tip: if you rent movies from the library, it's free!), and if the movie sucks, I usually just stop watching the movie and return it. For example, a few weeks ago I decided to rent '2001: A Space Odyssey', mainly because it's supposed to be a really good movie. Remind me never to watch a Stanley Kubrick movie again. Absolutely nothing in the film is explained to you. I couldn't even enjoy the movie because I was too busy trying to figure out what the f*ck was going on at any given moment. about 2/3 of the way through, I just gave up and stopped paying attention.

• brucethevideobugbrucethevideobug Posts: 187Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Spys like Us