If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PS3 5.1 Ch MKV audio distortion or popping sounds

pramodpalutlapramodpalutla Posts: 1Members

When i play a 5.1 Ch aac mkv video file through my server i get distortion or popping sounds on ps3. it seems to be fine when playing on an ios device and other computers. how do i solve this?

Answers

• brainzacharyabrainzacharya Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm facing the same issue on my ps3. Can anyone help, please?

• LambonatorLambonator Posts: 1Members

I'm having the exact same issue, I've found similar threads for other devices but none that have worked for PS3. Is there any fix yet? I've been using plex for years now and I've only just started having this issue.

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,747Members ✭✭✭✭

I believe it might be to do with sound setting on the playstation. Try using LPCM 5.1 Ch

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.