If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

XBOX 360 Player issues

Straight_HustlinStraight_Hustlin Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey folks. I have had some weird issues appear in the past 48 hours with the Xbox player. Video files that previously worked fine for years, and as recently as of Monday 11/14 are now experiencing audio desync in any video file that uses mp3 audio. Additionally I can no longer seek in these video files, attempting to do so just starts it from the beginning again (With the audio desync)

The audio desync itself quite odd; Not only does the audio start before the videoplays, the audio starts ahead of itself; the best example I can give is a show that always starts with a narrator saying "Previously on so-and-so"; it completely skips ahead of this right into the intro music.

I was previously running the latest PMS build and have tried downgrading to multiple 0.9.16.x and 0.9.17.x builds with no change. Changing the streaming quality either restarts the video (with the same desync) or it will fail and give a server communication error.

When playing the files the server reports Video Transcode (h264), Audio Direct play. Again, the issue is only with .avi files that have mp3 audio.

This problem is really throwing me for a loop as aside from adding some more files to my library, I have not altered anything since I watched the last episode in this series.

Please let me know if there's any other info you need.

Answers

• wichallwichall Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

The following command currently works on plex media server on linux - it will remove mp3 from the xbox 360 direct stream profile.
    gawk -i inplace '{gsub(/codec="h264" audioCodec="aac,mp3"/,"codec=\"h264\" audioCodec=\"aac\"");gsub(/codec="h264,mpeg4" audioCodec="aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,pcm"/,"codec=\"h264,mpeg4\" audioCodec=\"aac,ac3,eac3,pcm\"");gsub(/codec="h264" audioCodec="aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm"/,"codec=\"h264\" audioCodec=\"aac,ac3,eac3,mp2,pcm\"");gsub(/codec="mpeg4,msmpeg4v3,mjpeg" audioCodec="mp3,ac3,eac3,mp2,pcm"/,"codec=\"mpeg4,msmpeg4v3,mjpeg\" audioCodec=\"ac3,eac3,mp2,pcm\"");print}' "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Profiles/Xbox 360 App.xml"; gawk -i inplace '{gsub(/codec="mpeg4" audioCodec="ac3,mp3"/,"codec=\"mpeg4\" audioCodec=\"ac3\"");print}' "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Profiles/Xbox 360.xml"

• monster_plexmonster_plex Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm experiencing the same problem, So is the issue caused by video transcoding?
    What is supported by the XBOX 360 player in terms of video and audio streams?

How would I fix this problem when Plex server is running on a Windows 10 computer?