If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Chromecast Audio

ottovonkoppottovonkopp Posts: 32Members ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Google Chromecast

Hi!

Does Plex on CCA support Replay Gain (album and track gain) and Gapless playback from flac files?

If not, is it the CCA or Plex that don't support it?

Regards
Bernt

Answers

• GrunPlexGrunPlex Posts: 1Members

No support for Gapless. However, if you have PLEX set up as a DLNA server you can use some third party Android apps to stream gapless music to Chromecast Audio. There is one app called Hi-Fi Cast that I have just started using and it works fairly well. Hopefully PLEX can follow their lead and figure out a way to stream gaplessly also. I really want a desktop app that accomplishes this.

• ottovonkoppottovonkopp Posts: 32Members ✭✭

Any news regarding RG and gapless?

Smart Gain like Squeezebox and Bluesound have would be nice.

Regards
    Bernt

• jorgevergarajorgevergara Posts: 1Members

Hi,

Is Chromecast Audio supported in Plex Media Player? I can see the little icon for cast by my Chromecast Audio does not appear listed there...

Best Regards,
    Jorge

• ottovonkoppottovonkopp Posts: 32Members ✭✭

Hi again!

Will it ever happen or can I stop dreaming and move on?

Regards
    Bernt