If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[RELEASE] RasPlex 1.7.1

KwibooKwiboo Posts: 193Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited November 2016 in Rasplex

Today we announce the release of RasPlex 1.7.1.

This release is dedicated to @nedthenerd, thanks for all the hard work you have put into RasPlex and OpenPHT over the years, you will be deeply missed!

Lots of new features and fixes in this release, as such we expect there to be some glitches, please report any new issues you encounter.

New
- Improved Streaming Brain support
- Improved iOS companion support
- Support for showing imdb rating
- Preference option to include watched in watch later and recommended
- Skin option to hide fanart in library
- Lots of skinning engine and other improvements: (thanks @bkury )
- Mouse Support
- New preference category for OpenPHT options
- Preference option to stack recently added
- Preference option to disable preplay screen based on content
- Added reboot option on supported systems (default skin)
- Support for 3rd-party Kodi remote apps (e.g. Yatse)
- FileManager and SystemInfo support (requires skin support)
- Quick filter support (requires skin support)
- V.L. System M-Play Blast remote support
- Updated Italian translation (thanks @NicolaIsotta )
- Updated help and version branding (now say OpenPHT instead of XBMC on command line)
- Updated to ffmpeg 2.8.8

Fixes
- Performance/smoothness and CPU usage optimizations (fixed cpu spike when browsing library)
- Fix search window focus issue
- Fix reconnecting to the adapter upon libcec callback CEC_ALERT_CONNECTION_LOST
- Fix typo ('Video resolution to large' now 'Video resolution too large')
- Fix missing overlay/episode info for focused deck item
- Fix selected item when returning to home window
- Allow shared servers to be used as best server (fixes channel issue when only shared servers is available)
- Only use best server service lookup for myplex clips
- Fix for broken music volume with Apple Remote (thanks @WN1188 )
- Update to linux 4.4.30 and latest rpi firmware
- Fix for mixed content in photo libraries

Downloads
RasPlex for Raspberry Pi devices see RasPlex 1.7.1 GitHub page
OpenPHT for Windows, OS X, Embedded and Linux see OpenPHT 1.7.1 release post

Auto Update
RasPlex 1.7.1 is now available on the pre-release update channel.

Bugs?
Please report bugs on GitHub, https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/issues

Comments

• Jacob BækJacob Bæk Posts: 44Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thanks BIG TIME!!!!

• treboR2RoberttreboR2Robert Posts: 252Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

great work gang ! :D

I have already installed 1.7.0 on two of my pi's.

Is there a reason you have now gotten rid of the links for it and said wait for 1.7.1 ?

They ain't gonna self destruct on me or nothing are they ? :-??

treboR2Robert    AKA    Mr. Grumpy

PMS ( FreeNAS 9.10.2-U5 ) ( manual jail )    Rasplex ( Raspberry Pi 3 model B ) ¦ ( Raspberry Pi 2 model B x2¦ ( Raspberry Pi model B x2 )     PS3 & PS4

• KwibooKwiboo Posts: 193Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

There where reports of crashes over at the OpenPHT thread and are now working on a 1.7.1 hotfix release (eta in a day or two).

@treboR2Robert: It should not self destruct but you may experience a crash on the home screen in rare conditions.

@Kwiboo said:
    It should not self destruct but you may experience a crash on the home screen in rare conditions.

#:-S

PMS ( FreeNAS 9.10.2-U5 ) ( manual jail )    Rasplex ( Raspberry Pi 3 model B ) ¦ ( Raspberry Pi 2 model B x2¦ ( Raspberry Pi model B x2 )     PS3 & PS4

lol it seems ok so far anyway, I'll stick with it for "a day or two" I don't mind the odd crash.

I can't seem to find a couple of the new features you mentioned tho ;

Support for showing imdb rating
    and
    FileManager and SystemInfo support (requires skin support)

The latter I assume I need a different skin to the standard rasplex 1 ?

And the imdb rating i can't find anywhere.

• dragonmeldragonmel Posts: 622Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Kwiboo

Installed 1.7 on a 8gb card tonight using pi filler on a pi2 ... working great

Using both iphone and ipad tested both 4.4.1 and 4.5 ... remote functioned fine.. played serveral test movies both direct and transcode as well as music.. all looking pretty good

Still an issue with having stacked movies with diffenent encodes and being able to choose the version to play with trailers enabled .. will write up a bigger review after 1.7.1 since changes as coming...

Solid work boys.. thanks for showing the Plex guys how its done...

Lets see how many more months PMP goes broken.....

And they have a LONG way to catch up with the systems settings gui you have vs having to SSH the box to set it up... rediculous ...!!!

• SubNoizeySubNoizey Posts: 77Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

What happened to Ned? Hope he only stepped away from the project and nothing more serious :(

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@SubNoizey said:
    What happened to Ned? Hope he only stepped away from the project and nothing more serious :(

More serious unfortunately.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/239136/team-rasplex-has-lost-a-team-member-and-friend-nedthenerd-has-passed-away#latest

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• SubNoizeySubNoizey Posts: 77Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@benjaminwolf said:

@SubNoizey said:

More serious unfortunately.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/239136/team-rasplex-has-lost-a-team-member-and-friend-nedthenerd-has-passed-away#latest

Oh that's really upsetting. I remember him being a driving force in the early days of rasplex and always extremely helpful. :( Thanks for letting me know, my thoughts are with his family.

• hzg@harrybos.euhzg@harrybos.eu Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've changed to pre-release channel to get the update but it's not available at this time.

edited November 2016

@hzg@harrybos.eu said:
    I've changed to pre-release channel to get the update but it's not available at this time.

try reading the thousands of other comments in this thread 1st.
    oh no wait theres only 10, i hope you have the time to get through them all.

• hzg@harrybos.euhzg@harrybos.eu Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@treboR2Robert said:

@hzg@harrybos.eu said:

try reading the thousands of other comments in this thread 1st.
    oh no wait theres only 10, i hope you have the time to get through them all.

I've read the posts but you've running version 1.7, does this only work with an reinstall instead ota update.

• KwibooKwiboo Posts: 193Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016
    edited November 2016

If we already installed 1.7.0 should we do a fresh install for 1.7.1 or will updating be ok ?
    great work btw :D

EDIT: looks like it isn't available on the update channel yet so a manual install it is.

• markandlinamarkandlina Posts: 148Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When can we expect it to arrive, not showing yet...

@markandlina said:

Manual updates are all that's available at the moment. In-app updates will be allowed soon.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• geiersgeiers Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

getrasplex is unable to select the newly downloaded firmware... tried downloaded again and again (PI2)... even the for the PI

Update: seems faulty download / flashing.. after several runs.. it runs runs runs.respect! really great fixed a bunch of my problems.

• 68906890 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

@benjaminwolf said:

@markandlina said:

Manual updates are all that's available at the moment. In-app updates will be allowed soon.

In-app soon? ETA on soon? In a couple of hours? Days maybe? Shouldn't this release be pushed immediately if it fixes several annoying bugs?

@6890 said:

@benjaminwolf said:

@markandlina said:

In-app soon? ETA on soon? In a couple of hours? Days maybe? Shouldn't this release be pushed immediately if it fixes several annoying bugs?

No it should not. Every release has the potential of having MORE annoying or even detrimental bugs. So staggering the release to 'manual only' before the release channel creates a safety net, so we don't accidentally blow up everyone who has auto-update enabled.

If you want to beta test a "pre-release" as soon as it's available, you can image or reinstall like everyone else. The opportunity is there, you just have to actually want to test it. Don't treat it like an approved update until it's in the stable channel.

However, coincidentally and unrelated to your comment, 1.7.1 was pushed to the pre-release update channel a few hours ago.

• 68906890 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

@benjaminwolf said:

However, coincidentally and unrelated to your comment, 1.7.1 was pushed to the pre-release update channel a few hours ago.

... Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.