If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 5.3.2

MagnumDoomguyMagnumDoomguy Posts: 488Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited November 2016 in Aeon Nox

The Nox team is pleased to announce the beta release of Aeon Nox 5.3.2 for OpenPHT. Requires the new OpenPHT 1.7 release which was released today: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/245798/release-openpht-1-7-0#latest

Verion 5.3.2

General:

• Added a setting to control the amount of transparency for unfocused items in media lists
  • Support for Videos in Photo libraries (Thanks to @NewYears1978 for the icons)
  • IMDb ratings support
  • Setting to use white media flags instead of colour
  • Massive 1080p optimization skinwide
  • Mouse Support
  • Added "System Info" Window
  • Added File Manager
  • Honour OpenPHT's Disable Photo Transcoding setting in Photo Libraries
  • New Aeon Nox Logo for OpenPHT (made by @nedthenerd)

Home Window:

• Vertical Home Menu Makeover
  • Option to make pressing down go direct to the Recently Added widget instead of submenu
  • For main menu in the middle position the Recently Added Widget now stays at the bottom of the screen and does not shift to the top if On Deck is empty
  • Added new homemenu font "Trueno"
  • Support for "Stacked" Recently Added episodes in Widgets (ie., all new episodes belonging to a single season of a single TV show are stacked together into one Recently Added widget item instead of filling the widget with a dozen or more new episodes in a single season

List View:

• Major List View Makeover
  • Added "SlimList" option (text only, fits in a lot of text)
  • Increased transparency
  • Automatically changes layout based on media type, and content (landscape icons for episodes, portrait for movies, square for albums, etc.)

Preplay:

• Major Preplay makeover
  • Landscape media items (online clips, homevideos, episodes) now displayed in a landscape view
  • Setting to display episodes in Portrait
  • Display icons on movie extras based on extra type (Thanks to @NewYears1978 for the images)
  • MPAA Large Descriptive Flags (Thanks to @NewYears1978 for the images)
  • Moved Preplay settings from Skin Settings to Preplay screen
  • Display language country flags for Audio and Subtitles
  • Preplay Custom Colours
  • Added system time to Preplay

OSD:

• Option to make the topbar double height

Translations:

• New German Translation
  • Updated Dutch Translation
  • Updated Spanish Translation

Screenshots:

Credits:
Thanks to @aeronnl and @daniel.cull for testing
Thanks to @aeronnl, @danichispa and @sebastianklein for the translations
Thanks to frodo19 (from the Kodi forums) for the Aeon Nox Genre Icon template (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=141714)
Thanks to TBinfection (from the Kodi forums) for the genre fanart: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=100532
Thanks to BigNoid without whom Aeon Nox wouldn't exist
Thanks to MikeSilvo for all his awesome Aeon Nox mods
Thanks to @bkury for the very awesome changes he made to OpenPHT 1.7 that made much of the awesomeness in this update possible
Thanks to @kwiboo for his continued hard work in the OpenPHT project
Thanks to @newyears1978 for the great icons included in this release

And finally...
Thanks to @nedthenerd for the new Aeon Nox Logo and all the hard work you put into OpenPHT and Rasplex. You will be greatly missed.
Thanks to schimi2k (from the Kodi forums) who has over the years made numerous awesome images for the Aeon Nox variants in the Kodi forums (many of which are in Aeon Nox for OpenPHT). He also recently passed away and will be missed.

Aeon Nox 5 Skin for OpenPHT

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

Comments

• zaph47zaph47 Posts: 113Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This theme and OpenPHT are what keep Plex amazing.

• MagnumDoomguyMagnumDoomguy Posts: 488Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

• bjoroybjoroy Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi! Thank you for an excellent theme!

I prefer browsing my media in "wall mode", it looks good and there's a bit of space between the posters so the background images are still visible, not all blocked like in "small icons". But, quick question: is it possible to customize the tile/poster sizes? The current view is about 2 x 6 posters. I would prefer something like 3 x 9 probably, as it gives a better overview of a large collection on a large screen :)

• tapomirbowlestapomirbowles Posts: 81Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Maybe its just me who is an idiot, but how do I get the skin? there is no link to any download?

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 327Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tapomirbowles said:
    Maybe its just me who is an idiot, but how do I get the skin? there is no link to any download?

its even easier than that.. it can be dowloaded and installed within openpht
    https://github.com/magnumdoomguy/skin.aeon.nox.5/wiki/Installation

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT

Well since I already had the previous version, that auto download function was not available for me, because it does not update through that.

• SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 328Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

How do I enable imdb ratings support?

I've always had difficulty with this - I could never get rotten tomatoes to work either. Currently it just says something like '6 rating' with no logo at all - no idea where it is getting that from.

Awesome skin btw. Agree with earlier poster - this skin and OpenPHT are the best things about Plex these days, sadly. Great work.

EDIT: Never mind, I did a final refresh all and it worked! Done that a million times over the months, the second I post for help it works lol

@SteveMcNally

I like issues that I don't have to do anything to resolve the best. :)

@tapomirbowles

Are you on OpenPHT 1.7.0 (Official Release, not the preview release by @bkury released a few weeks ago) or OpenPHT 1.7.1? The preview release wasn't connected to the skin repos, so it won't download Aeon Nox 5.3.2.

If you are on the official OpenPHT 1.7.1 and Aeon Nox 5.3.2 still doesn't show in the updates, then you can download it manually here:

https://github.com/magnumdoomguy/skin.aeon.nox.5/releases/tag/v5.3.2

@bjoroy

I prefer browsing my media in "wall mode", it looks good and there's a bit of space between the posters so the background images are still visible, not all blocked like in "small icons". But, quick question: is it possible to customize the tile/poster sizes? The current view is about 2 x 6 posters. I would prefer something like 3 x 9 probably, as it gives a better overview of a large collection on a large screen

I'll definitely look into this in the future, but it'll be months away. Working on a pretty huge update right now that will take some time to finish (basically bringing over the Aeon Nox 5 home menu customizer functionality ala Kodi Aeon Nox 5 -- do to the differences in how the two work, I'm not really porting anything, but rather writing it all from scratch, will be very cool when it's done). Revamps of each of the viewtypes are planned (already did the List Viewtype), and eventually I'll get back to that, and will include your suggestions for the Wall Viewtype (and actually your suggestion was already on my todo list for that -- basically viewtypes with posters will get size options).

This stuff is very time consuming, I work on Aeon Nox everyday (usually for many hours), and the todo list instead of getting shorter just gets longer and longer. So, I'll add your suggestion, but have patience, it'll be a while.

• audixaudix Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A well deserved compliment from my side. Yesterday I updated OpenPHT to 1.7.1 and the skin had some small issues, just a few hours later I see that there is an update for Aeon already... Amazing! Everything looks perfect again.

Keep on the great work mate !

And we all appreciate the work you are doing. Your skin is the best out there hands down. So keep it up, and let me know if I can help out. I am photographer and graphics work, so if you need logos, graphics or something for the skin, just let me know, and I´ll be happy to help out (other textures for the home menu bar as an example haha, since it bothers me that there is not 50 different ones :))

I'd like that. As I've said many times in the forums here, I'm not a graphics guy, and can only handle the most basic of graphics tasks. I'll send you a PM.

• krad23krad23 Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OpenPHT just updated to 1.7.1, but the skin is still 5.2.3. How do I update it without losing my current settings?

@krad23,

You can manually download here: https://github.com/magnumdoomguy/skin.aeon.nox.5/releases/tag/v5.3.2

The settings are stored separately from the skin (the settings are located in guisettings.xml, outside of the skins/addons folder).

The manual update process depends on the system you have.

• bucketachickenbucketachicken Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I seem to unable to use "circles" for the unwatched indicators, it uses the colored circles regardless. I can swap to ribbons just fine, but the white circles don't seem to work. Any ideas?

Plex Media Server: Early 2009 Mac Mini 3,1 - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo P7350 - 8GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
    NAS for Media: Synology DS410, 4x3TB Hitachi Deskstar 5400 RPM drives
    Main Plex Media Client: Same as PMS, with Yamaha RX-V667, Samsung UN55EH6000, Klipsch KF-26 & KC-25, Harmony 900

@bucketachicken, (what an awesome handle)

I just tested and you are correct. I'll fix that for the next release. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

@MagnumDoomguy thanks for the quick response! Sorry to immediately ask something else, but is there any way to get the "Hide Suspend/Shutdown" style options that I've seen in other skins? My Mac just crashes any time those are pressed (on any skin) so I try to keep them away from visitor's tempted eyes, lol.

Really enjoying the skin btw! With the OpenPHT update figured I'd try a new skin, and glad I did!

Plex Media Server: Early 2009 Mac Mini 3,1 - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo P7350 - 8GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
    Main Plex Media Client: Same as PMS, with Yamaha RX-V667, Samsung UN55EH6000, Klipsch KF-26 & KC-25, Harmony 900

Actually, something along those lines is exactly what I've been working on as the main theme for the next update -- a massive fine-tuned home menu customizer, basically allows user control of what the home menu contains. Would allow what you asked above.

Awesome :D

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Am I going crazy or the "icons" view (with two rows) is no more, and instead there's a "small icons" view with three rows? How can I change the icon size?

@zpaolo11x,

Both should still be there. Can you provide a screenshot of the viewtype selector in the leftside menu in a place in the skin where you expect to see small icons?

There's also an options button on the bottom for the viewtype selector which allows you to disable viewtypes (to make the list shorter and easier to navigate). Is there a chance you have small icons disabled in there?