Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iPhone Camera Upload Stuck

BezziPlexBezziPlex Members Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Team,

I see a few similar issues, but no real answer found yet.
I enabled the instant camera upload from my iPhone 6s (latest iOS and Plex) and it works - in principle.
The upload always got stuck at a certain point in time.

What I figured is that it stuck when running into the first video from iPhone's camera roll. It still says "uploading" (but also "looking for new media") and that it is.

The iPhone seems to get a little warmer, so, maybe something is happening in the backend. But that shouldn't take that long for a simple video.
That behaviour is reproducable whatever I do

• removing the app
  • deleting caches
  • picking totally different folders at the server's end

Any good idea?

Thanks!

Torsten

Answers

• BezziPlexBezziPlex Members Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Team,

this is for sure one of the key features and to use it I just bought the PlexPass.
    It is easily reproducable.
    And when deleting the first movie, indeed, the upload continues ... until the next movie shows up. Again the Camera Upload gets stuck.

I need a solution here otherwise it is not worth spending the money (I am willing to spend)

Thanks!

• drzoidberg33drzoidberg33 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,562 Plex Employee

Hi @BezziPlex

If you could provide server and device logs, I can check to see where this issue is originating from.

I would restart both the server and the app, then reproduce the issue by starting your camera upload. Once you see the issue then grab the logs from the device and the server.

Here is a short help article on where to get these logs from:

Server: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files

iOS: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201636593-iOS-Logs

Hi,

thanks and pls find attached the logs from that reproduced behaviour.

Aloha.
    Anything you can identify being odd?

Thanks

• gokou340gokou340 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Any update on this? I'm having the exact same problem.

• gokou340gokou340 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Actually. I just resolved this by upgrading my Plex server to the latest version. Hope this helps.

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 28,143 Plex Team Member
    edited March 9

@BezziPlex said:
    Hi,

thanks and pls find attached the logs from that reproduced behaviour.

Thank you for the logs - sorry they did not get picked up earlier

The issue here is that you are running on a very old version of Plex Media Server - version 0.9.16.3 which would not support video uploads as part of the camera upload feature.
    The Plex for iOS app got stuck trying repeatedly to upload a video file to the server camera upload library

I have flagged it to the development team but in your case you should upgrade your synology Plex Media Server installation to use the current version - which is now 1.3.2

See the Release notice forum thread
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/62832/plex-media-server#latest

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 28,143 Plex Team Member

@gokou340 said:
    Any update on this? I'm having the exact same problem.

would not expect it to be the same issue as you are on the current release of Plex Media Server

If you have a problem please provide logs from server and app

See https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1306221/#Comment_1306221

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

I fear there is no way upgrading to a newer version. Along with 0.9.17 my DS213+ is no longer supported - which is a desaster.
    That makes Plex needless for me.

@BezziPlex said:
    I fear there is no way upgrading to a newer version. Along with 0.9.17 my DS213+ is no longer supported - which is a desaster.
    That makes Plex needless for me.

This was the announcement for withdrawal of support for the old NAS products
    http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/212842/armv5-powerpc-and-readynas-ros4-no-longer-supported-starting-with-plex-media-server-0-9-17-0

What you could do is to use the NAS as a file server holding media and have Plex Media Server running on a Windows or Mac or even a Linux Desktop

• john@techtonic-systems.comjohn@techtonic-systems.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

Had the same problem. Upload got to 1065 and then stops. I think it's because in my case, file number 1066 is a quite large video. Plex upload seems to give up when the iPhone auto locks (mine was set to 3 mins). What worked for me is to turn off auto lock on the iPhone, wait for several mins (up to 10) and eventually the upload will resume and get over the 'large file' hurdle to continue with the rest of the files.

Good luck

@john@techtonic-systems.com said:
    Had the same problem. Upload got to 1065 and then stops. I think it's because in my case, file number 1066 is a quite large video. Plex upload seems to give up when the iPhone auto locks (mine was set to 3 mins). What worked for me is to turn off auto lock on the iPhone, wait for several mins (up to 10) and eventually the upload will resume and get over the 'large file' hurdle to continue with the rest of the files.

Good luck

It should still work in the background regardless of the auto lock. It would be a slow process but should complete. There is an issue with files over 4Gb causing a crash and that is being fixed in future version of Plex Media Server.

Happy to look logs to see if there are any clues - if you can reproduce the problem and say which file it is - taking logs after a day and then a day later.

Use Settings / help / debugging / share log / email logs to yourself and then attach zips here