[Release] [Alpha] [v0.1.3][v0.1.4 demo-7] Plex Anime Multi Source Agent (AMSA)
I'd like to introduce what has been a pet project of mine, it's a drastically modified version of ZeroQI's agent (Hama) which I've been using on my personal server for some time now.
The general idea behind this agent is to use metadata supplied from a number of different sources and cherry pick which details you'd like to include in your library, eventually this will be configurable through the agent's options but for the time being it simply gathers metadata from AniDB (Posters, Series Info, Ratings & Tags), TvDB (Posters, Background, Banner, Series Info, Episode Info) and Plex (Themes songs) then uses them based on a order of preference (1. AniDB, 2. TVDB and 3. Plex).
Basically it uses AniDB metadata then falls back to TVDB is any of that data's missing then finally falls back to Plex; the result is a library which will have (for example) its series information & ratings from AniDB, its episode information and ratings from TVDB and its theme music from Plex.
I'm expanding its functionality and squashing any bugs I find but I thought it was about time I offered it up as an alpha for anyone who'd like to give it a go, please note that I'm using this agent exclusively from my own anime library so I'm pretty confident in its abilities; please try it out if your interested and any feedback is welcome.
v0.1.4 (demo 7)
* Updated proxy code (Issue https://github.com/Dingmatt/AMSA/issues/4)
* Added a few episode titles to the AniDB bad title list (designed to help reduce the likelihood of using lazy AniDB titles)
v0.1.4 (demo 6)
* Fixed an issue which was slowing series matching.
* Tweaked the new AniDB AntiBan support behaviour (was on by default in demo 5, now only used when required).
* Fixed an error caused by missing metadata.
* Added a AniDB 'Bad Episode Name' list (the agent will skip AniDB episode title metadata if it matches any pattern in the new list).
v0.1.4 (demo 5)
* Tweaked series matching scores (previously some scores were lower than expected).
* Switched to using image thumbnails for TvDB & AniDB sources (this reduces the agents bandwidth usage and speeds up initial metadata download times; side effect is reduced quality of images in the Plex edit menu's though if selected then the full quality images are retrieved).
* Added AniDB AntiBan support for various scenarios (including but not limited to multiple servers sharing the same external IP; this will significantly reduce the likelihood of an AniDB ban for large libraries).
v0.1.4 (demo 4)
* Added support non-windows OS's.
* Reworked TheTVDB series/season poster ordering (will now default to highest rated).
* Added ordering by name for roles.
v0.1.4 (demo 3)
* Added support for Plex theme music.
* Removed restrictions to improve filename support.
* Corrected a v0.1.4 branch folder name which was causing clones of that branch to fail.
* Added http exception handling.
v0.1.4 (demo 2)
* Improved series matching results.
* Improved series search speed.
* Partial support for Hama's custom folders (i.e. tvdb2, anidb2, etc).
* Reworked absolute numbering episode detection.
* Slight increase in the AniDB Anti-Ban timer.
* A few minor tweaks to the metadata formatting.
v0.1.4 (demo 1)
* A complete re-code of the agent.
* Updated the agents AniDB token (was previously using the Hama agents token).
* Updated the base TVDB - AniDB custom mapping file (automatically updates on all prior versions upon next Plex restart).
* Hotfix to the custom Absolute Series Scanner to apply a naming convention to undocumented opening / ending specials.
* Initial Alpha release.
Anime Multi Source Agent (AMSA) is an anime oriented Plex agent which has been designed to gather metadata from multiple sources in order to present you with the richest Plex experience available, it has been designed to allow you to store your shows in either the AniDB or TVDB standard whilst still benefiting form the input from both sites.