Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Related movies feature not working on most movies in my server

jorte014jorte014 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all,

When navigating to a movie title, if you hit the 3 circle menu, the plex client for Roku used to present me with several options such as Related Movies, More with [actor]/[director] etc. However, lately most of my movies do not have any of these options, it just shows me an option that says "Go to movies" I can't figure out what changed other than I recently noticed the Plex Movie agent consolidated a lot of the old agents. I already tried a Refresh All of my movie library but this didn't fix it. Has anyone experienced this and how did you fix it?

Answers

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,799Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The Roku will display what's provided by the server, so it's possible the server is not matching the movie correctly. For one of the movies, try going into Plex Web and see if it has the option to match under the ... menu for the movie. If that isn't the case, then the XML information from one of the movies would help diagnose is it's at the server level or the Roku.

• jorte014jorte014 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the reply, tried a few and they all say unmatch. Here is the XML attached for one of them.

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,799Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@jorte014 said:
    Thanks for the reply, tried a few and they all say unmatch. Here is the XML attached for one of them.

Ok, then it sounds like they are matched and the XML looks ok, but it's missing some details. Most likely due to the web url not adding a few required parameters. It would be easier to troubleshoot this remotely. Would you be able share your movie library temporarily with ljunkie? If not, we can try to troubleshoot this another way, but it'll be more complicated.

• jorte014jorte014 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yep! I just sent you a request.

Thanks @jorte014. I just tested a few recently added movies and they all work for me here. I'll PM you a screenshot in case any of this is sensitive.

• jeff furlongjeff furlong Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2

Having the same problem, When navigating to a movie title, on the apple tv 4th gen, i was presented with the feature Related Movies, under the main tile, However, lately most of my movies do not have any of this feature any longer , it just shows me the reviews, movie by actor, and actor pics (links), I can't figure out what changed, all my newly added movies work fine, but older films, (ones i watch most often) all are missing the "related movies feature" I already tried a Refreshing All of my movies in my library, Rebooted my NAS (WD DL4100), and updated to the latest Plex software (18.2.4209), restarted by apple tv, but this didn't fix it. Has anyone any idea as to whats causing this and how did you fix it?

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,638Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

If this is not an error with the Plex app for Roku, I doubt there is anyone here that can help, since this section of the forum is monitored by Roku users.

If the issue only occurs on one Plex player app, then that is an issue with that Plex player app and it is best to post to the section for that Plex player app. As @ljunkie stated above, the Plex player apps can only show what is offered by Plex Media Server, so if this occurs on multiple Plex player apps, then it is an issue with your Plex Media Server, so you should report that to the section of the forum for Plex Media Server on your operating system.

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ

• jeff furlongjeff furlong Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

FIXED...it appears that if you have "use collection data from movie database" enabled, this feature replaces the "related movies" feature on your movie titles :wink: