If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is it possible to install the PLEX player in a Samsung UN70KU6000 ?

ALIMA9000ALIMA9000 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any version will help to solve my problem, checking in the sites I've observed that most models are compatible with PLEX, I was unfortunate to pick the only one that does not a PLEX player in it.... HELP !!!

Best Answers

• ALIMA9000ALIMA9000 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Just to write a final chapter in this sad history, but don't despair is a Happy Ending.. The solution was indeed to use the Fire TV, and the HDMI-CEC feature... but most important of all, using KODI (Krypton RC3) and PLEX over KODI.. I was worried about the overhead of KODI+PLEX instead of PLEX direct on the FIRE TV but the experience was totally in the opposite direction. PLEX runs better on KODI, more stable, fluid and yes with yellow subtitles.
    Using HDMI-CEC the user experience is like the TV itself has PLEX.. and most of my home customers do not even know they are using a combination of devices and SW... I'm glad... Thank you guys...

Accepted Answer

And here I have a turn into this discussion, YESit is possible to have PLEX running in this TV, happen that the limitation is in the SMART HUB AppStore for Brazil, if you change it to US you can have Plex on your TV.. Reset you TV and during the reset before agree with use conditions Press Mute, Volume +, Channel + , Mute .. now you can choose a country ...

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

That model only has preinstalled apps AFIAK. Without a real SmartHub you can't install any other apps.
    Ofcourse you can always add another Plex compatible device like a Chromecast, Nvidia Shield or AppleTV.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Hello Orca, thank you very much for your fast response, it helps a lot know that somebody care to spend time and reply to what could be considered, sometimes, a dumb question. What is an AFIAK application? Can I have some hope of an update for this TV? I'm currently using a ROKU device but it's far from the ideal solution I had in mind, there are no space in my rig to add this box, and I was planning only for the TV in the wall... Again many thanks for sharing with me...

Once more thank you a lot for the time and attention, it's not a positive answer but it's a closure... interesting to have such expensive model, and incomplete, model... either way thank you..

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,750Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Hello Otto, thanks a lot for jumping in.. I'm amazed but somehow also intrigued by the idea.. did I understood it wrong or are you suggesting to run a new OS in my TV, resident in a USB stick I guess.... I'm asking because I don't have a Raspberry...

Kind regards

Thank you very much Otto, I was looking for a solution inside the TV just for space reasons, the TV is on the wall and there is not too much space for anything, not to mention the inabilities of my family to deal with more than one remote controler.. but thanks a bunch for the suggestions, I will take a look on them..

My kind regards

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,750Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@ALIMA9000 said:
    ...space reasons, the TV is on the wall and there is not too much space for anything, not to mention the inabilities of my family to deal with more than one remote controler..

All three solutions support HDMI-CEC, so you don't need an additional remote.
    And these thingies are very small (except the Wetek Hub maybe), so there is a real chance to hide them behind the screen.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Excellent Otto, thanks a lot, this tip about HDMI-CEC helped me even more, I'm now using the FIre TV integrated in the same remote control, too bad that I can't change the subtitles color, they are all white and some time can't be ready against a white scene, but I'm in a much better shape now.. if you know any tricks to force yellow subs in the PLEX server I will be eternally thankful... 8-)

Accepted Answer

Just to write a final chapter in this sad history, but don't despair is a Happy Ending.. The solution was indeed to use the Fire TV, and the HDMI-CEC feature... but most important of all, using KODI (Krypton RC3) and PLEX over KODI.. I was worried about the overhead of KODI+PLEX instead of PLEX direct on the FIRE TV but the experience was totally in the opposite direction. PLEX runs better on KODI, more stable, fluid and yes with yellow subtitles.
    Using HDMI-CEC the user experience is like the TV itself has PLEX.. and most of my home customers do not even know they are using a combination of devices and SW... I'm glad... Thank you guys...

Accepted Answer

And here I have a turn into this discussion, YESit is possible to have PLEX running in this TV, happen that the limitation is in the SMART HUB AppStore for Brazil, if you change it to US you can have Plex on your TV.. Reset you TV and during the reset before agree with use conditions Press Mute, Volume +, Channel + , Mute .. now you can choose a country ...