If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Using a Load Balancer for Plex Media Server

skraatzskraatz Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like to know if anyone is using a Load Balancer to distribute the Plex load on servers on the backend. I want to connect a F5 load balancer using one public IP address and port then distribute that to multiple servers behind based on resources available to the the server.

This way I only have to see one server in the list however it will distrbute the load (RAM, Video, etc.) on the backend.

I am currently using a Netpp storage Filer for all file hosting.

Thanks for any insight to issues you might of had during the setup.

Answers

• jdye06jdye06 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Curious-- Did you ever do this setup? I am planning on throwing an F5 in front of Plex, but not for the purposes of load balancing, but more for security.

• skraatzskraatz Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was unable to get it working. Sorry