If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to find WLAN

daeksdaeks Posts: 134Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Dear all,

i tried 1.7.1 today and struggled over some issues. RasPlex is not able to find my WLAN. I have tested it with several other devices and the WLAN is working (also on the PI with another OS). Is it related to the WLAN security?

Answers

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 981Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@daeks said:
    Dear all,

i tried 1.7.1 today and struggled over some issues. RasPlex is not able to find my WLAN. I have tested it with several other devices and the WLAN is working (also on the PI with another OS). Is it related to the WLAN security?

I am using WLAN with my rPI3 and 1.7.1. Are you not able to see your network, or not able to connect to your network? What kind of security do you have the WLAN that makes you think it would be incompatible?

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• daeksdaeks Posts: 134Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can not see it. I see some other networks but not mine. I have enabled WPA2 AES, but some systems may only allow TKIP.

It works fine with WPA2 AES. Are you sure you are displaying your SSID on the WLAN?

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Yes, every other client can see it. I have also installed another OS on the raspberry to be sure that the issue is not hardware related, but it works fine. Only if I install rasplex the wlan can not be found.

Is it 5ghz only?

nope its 2,4 ghz

I cannot replicate this issue at all. Can you turn on debug, reboot, and try again? I'm not sure what we'll find, but I'd like to check the log. That's just weird unless it's something like there are so many networks yours is scrolled off the bottom and you can't see it.

@benjaminwolf I was able to refetch a RPI and figured it out. It seems to be that rasplex cant find high wifi channels. I am using 13 and it will not be displayed. After lowering the channel it could be found. Is it possible to add channel 13 as well?