If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Will there be trailer support ?

jenkinsmorgan04jenkinsmorgan04 Posts: 46Members ✭✭

I see there isn't any support for trailers yet and no visible settings, will this be a future feature?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Trailers definitely work right now! If a trailer is found, it will show up in a trailer button to the right of the play button. Also Extras are below. If you see a trailer in Web/PMP, it will show up in this add-on as well.

• jenkinsmorgan04jenkinsmorgan04 Posts: 46Members ✭✭

@keithah Sorry, I meant the trailers that play before the movie starts. Normally you can set the amount of trailers you would like to play as well as a pre-roll video before the movie starts.

• ismaelabismaelab Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@keithah any plan to go an step further on this?

The only thing I miss from Kodi is the ability to lunch Cinemavision before the movie. This allows me to play random trailers, cinema intros, audio bumpers and control my HUE lights on each state.

• foghatfoghat Posts: 340Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for this request. Would love to have it implemented. Am loving the way this the plex add-on looks within kodi.

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@ismaelab it'd probably only work on Direct Play stuff, and we're hesitant to put anything in that doesn't work always.. so not sure about CinemaVision integration...

@foghat thanks! It's definitely listed as planned features, but trying to tackle the bugs right now since we released before getting into prioritizing the list of features to come.

• foghatfoghat Posts: 340Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@keithah Great to know it is on the list. I will be posting a video of really weird anomaly I am seeing on one of my shield boxes when using plex for kodi. Stay tuned. :)