If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLex Addon not working

nicwellsnicwells Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok so i installed the Plex Add-on for Kodi 16 and nothing happens. it install fine, but when i try to run it nothing happens. So i go into Configure add-on and nothing to change there. and ideas or help gratefully received.

Comments

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
  • riffy504riffy504 Posts: 61Members Plex Pass

If you have PlexKodiConnect installed... they don't play nice with one another. I had to disable PKC to get it to launch.

• nicwellsnicwells Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No i don't have that installed

• m0ckerzm0ckerz Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was unable to launch from the "My Addons" menu in the settings, i had to goto Videos>Add-ons and it works perfect.

• riffy504riffy504 Posts: 61Members Plex Pass

@m0ckerz said:
    I was unable to launch from the "My Addons" menu in the settings, i had to goto Videos>Add-ons and it works perfect.

Doh! m0ckerz is right! I couldn't get it to launch for anything till I did this on another device.

• philmalkowskiphilmalkowski Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue. If I go through MyApps, it launches, but crashes when I click to sign in.

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We've identified a bug with 'My Apps', thanks for reporting!

• quikrick11quikrick11 Posts: 4Members Plex Pass

I have the .zip downloaded but when I navigate to Kodi - Settings - Add-Ons - Install from zip file...nothing seems to happen. I navigate to the .zip but I can't find an install file. I apologize if this is a noob question.

@quikrick11 Maybe these screenshots will help understand: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_add-ons_from_zip_files

I appreciate the response. I saw those but for whatever reason when I select the .zip file nothing happens. It just opens subfolders on top of subfolders. Can't find an install file.

Are you installing from zip file, as it sounds like you are browsing to the zip file rather than selecting install from zip file

I agree. I am attempting to install from zip but not having any luck. I click Install from Zip within Kodi. Navigate to the script.plex zip and click it. Then nothing. It just opens subfolders which I then search through and find no actual .zip. Only .pl's and "Read Me's."

I'm not even sure how this happens, honestly. Maybe watch some youtube tutorials? Redownload the zip? I've never seen 'install from zip' under add ons open a zip file and not directly install it. The Kodi forums can help further possibly.

Thank you. I'll look in to that.

Yeah I would recommend re downloading the file again.