If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[BUG] Every time Plex Kodi addon is launched it requires me to sign in !

mini.PLEXmini.PLEX Posts: 290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited December 2016 in Plex for Kodi

this is getting rather frustrating, presuming its a bug... Every time I launch the Plex addon within Kodi I land on the Plex sign in page, telling me the addon is only available to Plex Pass holders. (which I am obviously).

Linking the app works fine, accepts and moves me into the user selection and I can enter, happy days. But every time I exit or quit Kodi I am presented with the Plex sign in again, again and again. I am logging in as a Plex Pass holder.

 Mac mini | mac OSX Sierra V10.12.6 | 2.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 | 16GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
Server: PMS 1.9.2
Clients: PMP 2.1.0.74 | iOS iPhone 6s | apple TV4
Clients: Kodi 17.4 | Plex for Kodi addon v0.1.1 | PlexKodiConnect v1.8.11
Storage: 4x WD 4TB USB 3.0 Hard Drives
Receiver: Panasonic Viera TX-50DX700B | Pioneer AV SX-SW55

Tagged:

Comments

• BibluBiblu Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Don't know if it will help but within the settings for me there was the option to stay signed in (or something similar - I'm not in front of the screen right now). This was on a Pi.

Hope that helps :-)

• mini.PLEXmini.PLEX Posts: 290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thanks for the input @Biblu ...unfortunately this does not resolve the issue (already tried it), Plex Kodi addon still asks me to sign in every time.

auto signing in to an account would not work for me either as I have several users accounts that I wouldn't want my kids to auto enter.

thanks for the input though @Biblu appreciated... hope this can be resolved soon @keithah presume not all others are experiencing this issue?

 Mac mini | mac OSX Sierra V10.12.6 | 2.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 | 16GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM

• lunchpleaselunchplease Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here on my pi but looks great too team!

• andyblac1974andyblac1974 Posts: 1,097Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

seems to work fine here, just asks me to choose a user and to enter my PIN

Server: Synology RS3617XS / RX1217 [INTEL Xeon E3-1230 v2, 32Gb RAM]
    Storage: 104Tb RAID6 (75.9Tb usable)
    Clients: Kodi Plex Add-on (Odroid's C2), LG Plex App. PMP (Mac). iPhone. iPad. Android TV. Web.

HRTunerProxy Enigma2 Plugin: Support / Setup Guide / Source files
  • keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@mini.PLEX Are you running .88, which is the latest version in the Download thread? There was an issue when Plex Home was enabled, where you accessed a non plexpass account, even though the main account has Plexpass and it should be resolved.

If not, please post a log.

@keithah said:
    @mini.PLEX Are you running .88, which is the latest version in the Download thread? There was an issue when Plex Home was enabled, where you accessed a non plexpass account, even though the main account has Plexpass and it should be resolved.

If not, please post a log.

@keithah thanks for the reply... to answer your question 'yes I am running .88

regarding the Plex Home accessing a 'non plexpass account' I think you may be correct...

When I initially signed into Plex Kodi (yesterday evening), my plex web account was logged into my sons account (a non plex pass account) realising my error and re-signed in to my Plex Pass user account. But it since still appears to be telling me I do not have a plex pass account and using me to link the app everyytime. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Please post a log.

edited December 2016

@keithah logs uploaded... hope this helps, as I can't carry on like this... appreciate your help.

if I can do anything further to assist, just let me know, thanks.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23564262/

Edit: should it be relevant... these are the logs from my macbook, but it presents exactly the same problem (continuously asked to link the app) on my Mac mini

Can you try to delete your settings.xml file?

It's under: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.plex

and then login, making sure its a plexpass user, and then quit and relaunch. if it happens again, post another log?

edited December 2016

@keithah - deleted file and relaunched - still no joy... still asking to link the app every time.

Have also tried many clean installs (wiping application support folders etc) throughout the last 24 hours with no joy.

new log file uploaded http://paste.ubuntu.com/23564597/

can't imagine how else to get out of this internal loop of frustration, sorry to be a pest ! thanks for your continued help

What is the deal with user 'GrownUps_'?

Seems to be non plexpass and non managed (not in home) and quite possibly causing your issues.

edited December 2016

user 'mini.plex' is my main plex admin account with the plex pass

Family_' & 'GrownUps_' are managed accounts I set up on my plex server to segregate Family & Adult movies (not the naughty kind lol)

both Family and Grownups are both linked to my Managed Home users on the plex server.

I have never had an issue before accessing these accounts previously using PMP (also plex pass). so i would like to think it should be ok to access these user accounts unless plex addon kodi has set up something different with account plex pass protocols?

edited December 2016

@keithah - hopefully you have seen my account explanation above... I have been doing some more testing and created a new log.

seems that if I log into the mini.plex user (account with the plexpass) and exit once relaunched I am not asked to link the app code again, but if I access the other 'Grownups_' or 'Family_' accounts and then exit, the next time I launch back in it asks me to go through the app linking mission again. may be worth noting that once I do link the app even with the non pass accounts I can access the other user accounts (GrownUps_ etc) which seems to me all should be ok with privileges etc.

as I said access to these accounts all worked fine with PMP when linking/accessing these accounts, and PMP was a locked down plexpass scenario too.

new logs when trying to access all accounts here... http://paste.ubuntu.com/23564764/

• Jacob BækJacob Bæk Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

mine also ask me to sign in. every time i have closed kodi and reopened it. im plex pass with no issues whatsoever in other platforms. i have set the addon to start automaticly when kodi starts. other than that its AWESOME!! thanks!

Can you both try the latest version, script.plex v0.0.89? Hopefully has the fix in for your issue. It's in the Download and Installation thread.

@keithah said:
    Can you both try the latest version, script.plex v0.0.89? Hopefully has the fix in for your issue. It's in the Download and Installation thread.

shall give it a whirl and report back

edited December 2016

@keithah said:

@keithah - very happy to report that .89 has resolved the constant signing in issues I was experiencing.

Thanks for the quick fix and all the hard work developing this addon, much appreciated. very interested to see how this venture develops integrating into kodi direct and creating your own plex skin like this UI.

edited December 2016

Welcome! We won't ever skin Kodi like Plex (no reason too) but we will look into Library Integration to see about the possibilities we have there.

Do you mind marking this as answered?

I don't appear to have an option my end to mark as 'answered' i'm either being stupid or could it be because I created the post as a discussion rather than a question ?

oh ok, no worries!