Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Windows 10 App sync status stuck on "Waiting to be downloaded"

When I sync an item within the Windows 10 App or Plex web app to my dekstop PC the sync status remains on "Waiting to be downloaded". What can I do about this?

Answers

• plexuserrobplexuserrob Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

bump, anyone

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,600Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just synced items to my Surface without issues. Have you hit the sync now button? Log files would probably be helpful in narrowing this down.

• Icy13Icy13 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sync is working for me again, but painfully slow (~2Mbps average, bits not bytes)

• danjock@gmail.comdanjock@gmail.com Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here, where is this 'sync now' button? Have tried clearing the sync list and re syncing, always stops at 'the 'waiting to be downloaded' point.

• AkahadakaAkahadaka Posts: 1Members

Bump. Same here. Using latest version of Plex Media Player.
    (Master account has Plex Pass)

Sync to Android device on the same network works like a dream.

• tempusfugatetempusfugate Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump. The Windows 10 Plex application is very slow for any sync operation and doesn't seem to show individual steps in process. The Android Plex on my tablet works great every time and is very fast. I am using the same Plex server on the same local network.

• martinbainesmartinbaines Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

And again - where is the "Sync Now" button on the Windows 10 app?

The App in general seems very and poorly deigned, but all I want to do right now is download some content so I can watch on a plane trip. Going to "status" in "this device" shows the content as "pending". It is not being transcoded as it is set to be "original" quality so how do I get to actually download?

Plex is meant to make things easy - at this rate, I will probably just end up copying the files over by hand and using something else to play them.

• martinbainesmartinbaines Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Okay got a bit further - seems the conversion on the server was paused and that was stopping it. No idea why it has to convert at all for "original" content, it seemed to but went pretty quickly.

Now though the actual transfer seems to be happening really slowly - and from the speed it looks suspiciously like my ADSL upload speed (which is rubbish as I live in the country). That makes it looks like the transfer is going up to the cloud and back, which is both inefficient and VERY slow. Can it be forced to do it by a local network transfer? (assuming that is why it is going so slowly)