Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Deleting Synced Content on Android

IronCondorIronCondor Members, Plex Pass Posts: 91 Plex Pass

I found a long post on the iOS forum. Could not find one for Android. Looks like Plex has a bug when deleting synced items. It does not clear it from my Android devices. Is there a fix for this? Does anyone else experience this?

Tagged:

Answers

• mshemshe Members, Plex Pass Posts: 228 Plex Pass

Same here - I can't delete my synced content - how do I fix this?

• markmark46markmark46 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass
    edited February 17

Same here I get the ""User null has synced content on this device. That content must be deleted before you can sync with your current account."

I have confirmed and refreshed the sync and it states that there is no synced items for the current user.

• jshewmonjshewmon Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same here.... It's been 5 months since the original question was asked.

• jwsplexjwsplex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass

Still happening.

This happened to me twice today.

It seems the issue is that the internal sync db on the app gets corrupted anytime anything gets deleted.

I first got it when I switched sync from my internal to the memory card and it initially prompted me that it was deleting the contents. Well, wipe app data was the only solution to cleaning that up (oh, and then you have to go and switch to sd card storage AGAIN or else you just got yourself in the very mess you were trying to clean up).

Then I got it today. Downloads were going fine, if slow (the network source was horrible, public restaurant wifi). After 3/4ths of the queue was done, i decided to cancel the rest by hitting the delete key on the remaining show.

ALL downloads 'disappeared', and it again told me "user null". 2 hours of cpu time at home transcoding and waiting, completely wasted, as nothing existed but "user null had synced content".

So no, this is NOT solved per what was described on another thread. Very much a still alive problem.

• HerumakiloHerumakilo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same here....
    Except the playlists are still there locally, just not considered to be sync'd content, I therefore now have 2 x sets of playlists

• DJConanDJConan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Same here. Have had this problem for a long time and gave up on trying to delete the content.

Under the Sync option, nothing is there. However, when I select my mobile device (local and synced content), there is media and it plays (with mobile data and wifi turned off).

So there is working content on my mobile Android device, but under the Sync option, it is empty and prevents me from deleting synced content.

• charsiufancharsiufan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass

Same problem.